7

Chapter7: Nine Years

Land of Rain: Ame / Akatsuki Tower

Amegakure no Sato was the most industrialized of all shinobi villages and was perhaps the most infamous. The legendary Salamander Hanzo had protected and led this village through the last three shinobi wars and was the only real reason it was still standing. Despite being a small nation that was often used by the larger powers to do battle, it was now incredibly difficult to even enter the country ever since it had gone into lockdown.

That was why when the God of Pain, Uzumaki Nagato and his angel, Konan had come and killed Hanzo along with all of his supporters, none of the other nations even knew that there was a new leader in Ame. Nagato had gone further, creating an alias for himself called Pein whom had originally founded the Akatsuki with Konan and their friend Yahiko. Now after Yahiko's death, their benefactor—a man calling himself Uchiha Madara—had come to them with a plan to break the chains of hatred that had consumed this cursed world.

They would capture the nine Biju and seal them away inside the Gedo Mazo, a monstrous statue that could be summoned with the Rinnegan's outer path. Once sealed, Nagato could then use the captured Biju in the statue to create a weapon so powerful it could destroy a nation in an instant. By supplying this weapon to different factions, its use would make everyone scared to go to war or risk total annihilation as a result.

That plan had a rather significant setback however...

"The Kyuubi Jinchuuriki died a year ago so that means that it will be eight more years before it reforms. With the death of the Sanbi Jinchuuriki that was also killed last year during the recent Kiri Civil War, the Sanbi should be reform within two years. We will capture and seal the Sanbi as soon as it reforms before Kiri can reclaim it. That way our actions will go unnoticed," Pein spoke clearly to the other 'holographic' members of their organization, the Akatsuki.

"And when do we move?" Hidan asked annoyed. "Jashin-sama demands sacrifices!"

"We will continue to act as a mercenary group for now and in seven years we will begin hunting the Biju. By the time that the Kyuubi reforms we will have already captured the rest of the Biju," Pein replied. "Dismissed," a second later the holograms dissolved.

"Nagato?" Konan asked from his side.

"I am fine, Konan," Nagato responded. "This is a minor setback; that is all."

"Indeed," spoke 'Uchiha Madara' from the shadows. "I didn't think that the Jinchuuriki would disappear like this after living in Konoha after the Kyuubi attack for twelve years."

"It is merely an addition of time," Pein countered. "We will still capture the Biju; it will just take us a bit longer to accomplish our goals before we are to bring peace to this world."

'You are a fool, Nagato,' thought 'Madara' as his Sharingan glowed through the eyehole in his orange spiral mask. 'There is no peace other than the Moon's Eye Plan,' imagines of his old life as Uchiha Obito flashed through his mind at that. 'I will create a world where you are alive...Rin.'

Summon Realm: Shikkotsurin

Summon creatures are incredibly hard to find because they don't really live in the outside world where shinobi are constantly at war. Most of the summoned races each had their own small dimensional space to call home and the only way to reach them were to either sign a contract with one and be reverse summoned or find a portal capable of taking you there. In their youth, those that would later be called Sannin had found these portals and were able to negotiate with the toads, slugs and snakes in order to sign their contracts.

Out of all of the many summon creatures in this strange world of theirs, three stood up as the strongest and most dangerous of them all, surpassed only by the likes of the Biju themselves. The first were the Toads of Myōbokuzan, powerful warriors who could reach the size of a Biju lead by their mighty Toad Boss Gamabunta and the two Elders, Fukasaku and Shima. The second were the poisonous Snakes of Ryūchidōled by Manda though the real power in their race was held by the White Snake Sage. Finally there were the Hawks of Shikkotsurin...