EPILOGUE:

17: Aurora Borealis

DANIEL SOLENTINO

Viverlee told me years ago, as far back as I can remember, that she wanted to go to Sweden with me to witness the Aurora Borealis.

XX Years ago

"Pag graduate natin, anong una mo'ng gustong gawin?" She pressed her index finger against her face and shifted her gaze elsewhere, thinking.

"Hmmm, actually marami." She placed her index finger on her cheek while looking away, thinking, 
"Siguro makapunta sa Sweden with you tapos watch natin ang aurora borealis."

"That's so sweet of you." I said. Actually, I'm at a loss for words. That's incredibly considerate of her.

"Tapos, let's bring our family sa Finland, mag bakasyon tayo do'n!" She exclaimed, her voice brimming with delight. Even though she speaks softly, you can see she's giddy with anticipation. I'm very fortunate to have a lady like her in my life. I adore her, and only God knows how much I adore her.

"Pag mga wishes ko di matupad dahil nakipag break ka sa akin, Daniel Solentino, nako ka! Tignan mo lang." She sophisticatedly rolled her eyeballs while pouting.

"Like, I'd do it," I joked.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

But none of these things were in my plans or expectations.

"Ino?" said a quiet voice from behind my back. That's the first time someone has ever called me that.

"Yes?" 

"Let's go inside," she said, draping her shawl around my shoulders."I made some hot chocolate,"

This isn't the life I had envisioned for myself. This was never in my wildest thoughts, and God knows it.

"You're home now." she smiled as she closed the sliding door to her balcony.

You're not Viverlee, Alexa. So please don't tell me I'm at home.