Chapter 42

After the Fusion process, Annette disappeared for a whole day. However, it was hard for her to forget Eddie's kindness; she realized that she would never forget a best friend like that man for the rest of her life.

Initially, an enemy, now a friend, what an extraordinary process.

*Beep!*

William's private lab door opens, there appears a man who is still busy with his own research.

With the Serum he developed, he was very confident that he would get enormous rights and benefits from the military. Undoubtedly better than when he was working at Umbrella... Much, much better.

Annette, who had still not adjusted her changes in body strength, walked in a bit of distress. Every time she steps on her feet, surely her high heels will slip a little.

Her strength increased many times, her old walking habits were no longer as smooth as usual. It seems that she has to adjust the force she exerts in every rare situation.

Before being injected with Eddie's Serum, carrying a cup was the most straightforward thing anyone could do. Still, for Annette, her clanking power was too strong that made it break instantly.

The power she got was incredible, it took her by surprise, and she was thrilled too!

But what she needs most now is to adapt to this new power.

"Eddie is expected to leave the lab in a month; he receives an assignment from Sergei. As for Spencer, I don't know where the old man is right now. For a while, we'll be safe. "

"Anyway, how far has your research progressed?" Annette said in a flat tone; there was no excitement that she continuously poured out like in the past.

It's like she's never been close to William.

"Moved? That's a good thing. "

Without looking at Annette, William replied.

"You better get out of here; I want to finish the serum first; after that, do some tests."

"How's your Antidote progress?" William refused to share his research progress with Annette; he didn't trust his own wife!

He only believed in himself; after he debated with Umbrella, William felt more anxious. It seems he can no longer work in this company; he needs to find a new way out.

Annette, who heard her husband's words, immediately snorted dissatisfied. Obviously, she doesn't like it when people say bad things about Eddie.

"Antidote can only be used no more than three hours after being infected by the virus. If it exceeds that time, then the antidote will not be able to work. "

"I can only develop it until this stage."

Annette said, still with a flat expression.

"That will do. I don't need a perfect Antidote; I just need to complete the Serum." William said with a sneering expression.

William's statement really upset Annette, did this man underestimate her ability?

This guy's getting paranoid; it's awful talking to him. Unlike Eddie, William never made her feel comfortable every time she was by his side.

"Then I'll go." Annette shook her head, then she walked out of the lab. She wants to see her daughter one more time.

Her intuition said something terrible would happen to her little angel. Still, there was also a feeling of joy and excitement. She didn't know why these three conflicting feelings merged into one.

***

Umbrella heavily guarded building. Sergei looks at the monitor that is currently playing a video.

In the video, a man is seen mobilizing all kinds of strange and horrible creatures to attack pedestrians at night.

This video was taken from a recorder who dared to risk his life!

"What do you think, Eddie?" Sergei turned to the young man who was next to him. His hands were still playing with knives like at their first meeting.

"Is this the man who's been pretending to be Uncle Marcus? Uncle Sergei, can you send an elite team to get rid of that man?" Eddie growled angrily. Indeed this anger is nothing but a pretense.

Sergei smiled playfully instead; "You really care about your uncle, don't you?"

"Of course, he was very kind to me. Although I rarely saw him, knowing someone was trying to impersonate Marcus really tarnished the deceased's name! "

"The copycat must be held up immediately. Don't you think the same, uncle Sergei?"

Eddie looked at Sergei with a thoughtful expression.

Sergei was not afraid of the sudden ferocity of the little man; he replied, "The elite Team still has things to do first. There's no time to get rid of that fake guy. If you want, you can finish him off yourself. "

"Surely I can't; I'm not too strong." So Eddie pretended to be weak, after which he grabbed a cigarette.

Seeing Eddie's attitude, Sergei scolded him in his heart, condemning the man's cowardice.

If he's like this, how will he survive in the S.T.A.R.S. Team!

"Not too strong? Don't you have a special team? I heard your Team has recently been renamed to the Wolf Team. "

"Your team is excellent; if you don't use them, it's better to give them to Umbrella," Sergei said with a sneer.

"No, it's my own team, I'm not giving it up."

Wolf Team is a team that he has chosen carefully; he will use this Team on many occasions in the future.

"You will soon be transferred to the Raccoon City Tactical Team as a member. Remember to keep an eye on Wesker. If the man is acting suspicious, let me know immediately. "

Sergei gave Eddie an order, after which he ended their meeting.

Get out of the office; Eddie can only smile. Trying to tool me? Luckily Eddie's been making plans for a long time. If not, then he'll be made into a dairy cow!

-----

feel free to support me on;

patréon.com/mizuki77

ko-fi.com/mizuki77