Chapter 51

Nicholas Rubio, thank you for your generosity!

-----

read chapter 106 on patréon;

patréon.com/mizuki77

-----

The day passes, and the appointed time has come. Eddie's not going back to the underground lab because he had to join the S.T.A.R.S.

When Eddie arrived at the training camp, he met a beautiful instructor; she was none other than Svetlana Belikova!

Svetlana has been a S.T.A.R.S. instructor for one month. Even Wesker was interested in studying under that woman.

Eddie said hi, after which he went to Brian Irons' office.

In the office, Brian immediately welcomes Eddie. "Welcome, welcome, come sit down." Brian Irons was polite while shaking Eddie's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Chief Brian. Anyway, what is my placement in the S.T.A.R.S. team?" Eddie asked as he handed him an envelope. Of course, as for what's in that envelope, it's money.

Skilfully, Brian grabbed the envelope and immediately placed it on the computer table.

"Your job is nothing but a medical tracker; you'll be placed on Team Bravo. So enjoy your time."

Brian knows that Eddie joined the S.T.A.R.S. just for 'playing.

The other side is one of the top researchers working at Umbrella; Brian won't hesitate to have a good relationship with Eddie as long as he gets extra money.

"Well, if you'd like, maybe I'll ask for something in the future. Hope it doesn't weigh you down." Eddie said with a nod.

"Of course, let's talk about it whenever you want; I'll take care of it for you, hahaha." Brian laughed happily; as long as there was money, the job would run.

"Then I'll go see my teammates."

"Lastly, I am curious. Why are you employing an instructor from Europe?" Eddie was so interested; why did Svetlana show up in Raccoon City? Isn't this very strange?

"Ah, one month ago, the police force was funded by Umbrella, so we recruited Svetlana to further strengthen the team's performance."

Brian briefly explained, of course, that the remaining funds to recruit Svetlana went into his personal pocket. He is personally happy if a large company or someone else pays.

Eddie stroked his chin. Did one of the Umbrella staff fund that? Is this Spencer's plan or Sergei's? Or Alex herself?

Eddie's not sure.

***

The month-long special training finally ended, Wesker applauded the Team's performance he led. "Everyone, I have something to say."

All members assemble immediately. After that, Wesker continued. "Today, we have a new member, a top researcher from Umbrella."

"His expertise can help us find the target using the victim's 'Body Examination.'"

Wesker looked at Eddie. Eddie nodded.

"Hello, I've worked at Umbrella before. Chief Brian specifically invited me to join the Tactical Team. "

"Name is Eddie Cai. Nice to see you all!" Eddie introduced himself in front of the joint Team.

"Eddie, you will be assigned to Team Bravo led by Enrico. You can get acquainted with other members on your own. "

"Okay, the new member has introduced himself. Today's training is over; you free now! "After that, Wesker turned around and left immediately.

Wesker didn't want to have a special relationship with the Team he was leading; knowing them too well would make him hesitate to use them. Better stay away while he can.