Chapter 134

"Instructor, you are powerful!" Rebecca looked at her instructor with admiration; how could there be such a strong woman?

Svetlana shook her head, "It's not hard to handle; there's nothing to be afraid of." Svetlana said as she glanced at Eddie, trying to remind him.

"Okay, okay, I'll pay more attention next time. I've only seen such monsters for the first time; it's normal to be intimidated. Also, I'm not a veteran. "Eddie defended himself.

"Right, the enemy we face is not a human but a monster!" Billy's still scared, too. What he's just seen is more horrible than any murder he's ever seen in his lifetime.

Continuing their journey, the place they were headed to was occupied by a lot of strange creatures; they had bodies that had been mixed, a chimera! Very nasty.

"What is this?" Billy smashed the head of a cockroach that had a dragonfly body with one shot. After the monster died, many small insects came out of the corpse; this scene gave him a goosebump.

"I heard my uncle used to experiment with many bizarre things. My gut tells me that he also created this kind of monster, hopefully not." Eddie said with a frown.

Rebecca comforted the man, "Eddie, your uncle is not you; Marcus is Marcus, and you are you. You're not wrong in this; I'm supporting you. "

In Eddie's heart, he smiled, but outside he remained silent. Looks like he's earned Rebecca's trust completely! If he had invited Rebecca to the team, she should have accepted right away hehe~

Svetlana shook her head; she had smelled Eddie's 'malice' a long time ago. Rebecca herself was a bit of a fool, obviously gullible. Sometimes ignorance is a blessing...

As they passed the lab corridor, Eddie found a bottle of insecticide used to handle a failed bioweapon.

"There are insecticides here, definitely for that kind of monsters. By the way, I've seen a map; there's an executive dorm that is safe in another area. There should be some equipment there." Eddie handed the map to the others.

"It's pretty close; I'll try to check it out." After that, Billy left with his gun.

On the other hand, Eddie took this opportunity to look for experimental data. According to Yoko Suzuki's method, he began to collect data and store it on a computer disk.

"Eddie, what are you doing?" Rebecca approached; she saw the man's actions with curiosity.

"Looking for the activation system for the automatic self-destruction; if I find it, we don't have to go to the basement to activate it manually. I don't want to face those disgusting monsters along the way." Eddie said as he kept tapping the keyboard.

A while later, he discovered a Chimera database that Umbrella had been researching. Given that it was so repulsive, he wanted to delete it immediately.

But on second thought, he could use this data to overthrow Umbrella, so he copied it and put it in a separate folder.

Time passed, and Rebecca was already feeling a little sleepy. It's almost midnight, and she hasn't slept since yesterday, "Eddie, are you going to do experiments like this in the future? Make lots of strange monsters?"

Eddie shook his head, "Doing a vile experiment like this? I won't. With you watching me personally, how dare I do such terrible things? Besides, I'm not a monster with no sympathy."

"He won't do that; I can guarantee it." Svetlana defends Eddie unconsciously.

"Hmph, I don't have the right to keep an eye on you; it's sister Jill's business." Rebecca wouldn't be fooled by what that guy said; she wasn't easily deceived!

"Remember, you already promised me. Don't forget that we are friends; friends need to help each other!"

"When your best friend leans in a bad direction, as a best friend, your job is to prevent me from going deep into it." Eddie laughed with satisfaction.

"I-I don't know; I want to think about it again," Rebecca hesitantly said.

Eddie shrugged and continued typing on the keyboard. He'll give Rebecca time to think; he doesn't want to ask too many questions because it would be so annoying.

"I advise you to join Eddie. Because once we get back and dismantle the Umbrella conspiracy, they will target you. Most likely, they'll try to kill you. Can you fight a multinational corporation alone? Think carefully." Svetlana asked rhetorically.

Rebecca, who heard the question, immediately fell silent. She remembers and knows that the world is not as beautiful as it seems... She's not a child anymore; she's an adult and needs to think about these things carefully!

Eddie secretly gave thumbs up to Svetlana. Strangely, this quiet instructor tries to help him. With Svetlana's statement, Rebecca's thinking could change, and eventually, she would want to join Eddie's group!

Svetlana, on the other hand, retorted Eddie with glaring eyes.

"You're right, instructor..." We have to help each other." Rebecca nodded; she turned to Eddie. "Eddie, I decided that I would join your team! If I knew you were trying to do such a cruel experiment, I would leave you!" Rebecca said in a firm tone.

"Haha, all right." Eddie reached out, greeting Rebecca with joy.

Rebecca shakes Eddie's hand, "Hmm..."

A few minutes later, Billy came back wearing a set of tactical clothes.

"I'm back. There are many monsters in that area, and it seems that everyone here has turned into zombies." Billy reports the current situation to his new comrade.