Chapter 153

Eddie threw away half of the meat product he had unwrapped. It seemed that the earthworms were immediately attracted to them.

The earthworm quickly bit into the flesh and went underground again. They were too fast and didn't give Eddie a chance to fire at them.

It seems the worm has adopted the 'safe hunting' principle.

"Those worms are artful. They like to hide like a hunter, but it's a shame they met me. Let's see who the real hunter is!" Eddie started to brag.

"Don't ever hunt my Moira too..." Barry warned Eddie. As a father, he wouldn't be able to accept that his daughter made a relationship this early!

"Huh... Uncle Barry, calm down; it was all just a game." Eddie gave up, is this middle-aged man having a crisis?

"Kid, I know what's on your mind." Barry looked at him, squinting; he knew what the man was thinking.

"Alright, alright. Anyway, let's finish them off first." Eddie pulled out three grenades; after covering them with meat, Eddie pulled a pin and threw the three grenades on the ground.

Not so long after, the mutated earthworm swallowed the grenade.

*Boom!*

With a loud bang, the earthworm that had previously been hiding in the ground was instantly thrown out. Its internal organs were melted due to the explosion!

Svetlana prepared from the start, pulled the trigger, and shot the Alaskan Worm with an RPG!

The bullet pierced right inside the worm's colossal mouth. The worm was blown into the air until its body exploded into pieces!

Barry heaved a sigh of relief after seeing the mutant worm die. "Alright, you qualify. From now on, I will leave Moira's safety to you." Barry patted Eddie on the shoulder with a serious face.

"Uncle, please calm yourself first." Eddie was silent. Was Barry so easily misunderstood?

Barry was annoyed; he took a gun and pointed it. "Huh? Are you rejecting her? A man should be responsible, don't make me look down on you, kid!"

"Okay, okay, whatever you say, uncle. You are a little stubborn." Eddie could only shrug; if Uncle Barry said so, so be it.

Eddie climbed the rope ladder quickly, followed by Barry after him.

After rescuing Barry's family, Eddie and his entourage return to Raccoon City. Along the way, Brad apologized earnestly.

His behavior last night was really embarrassing. He fled with the only Helicopter they had. Fortunately, his conscience said otherwise; this morning, he wanted to go pick them back.

***

Eddie knew that it was irrational to sue Umbrella with Brian's help. The man will never destroy his financial resources; even justice can be bought as long as there is money!

If Brian had been a man who loved the people and had a strong sense of justice, his position would have been removed long ago.

When the S.T.A.R.S. members returned to Raccoon City, they tried to pass the information on Umbrella to him.

The result? Brian simply refuses the evidence, then expels the tactical team members. He said they needed to find Wesker first.

This was a pretense of buying time, but there was nothing the tactical team could do about it. After all, Brian has absolute control inside the police force.

Even if the city mayor wanted to dismantle Umbrella, Brian wouldn't budge.

On the other hand, Eddie didn't want to see Brian, at least not now. He didn't want to get involved in the man's bullshit. He still had a lot of things to do, but the most important thing now was that he needed to go back to the apartment and rest.

Rebecca, the beautiful girl, had already prepared dinner when he arrived at the apartment!

After they had dinner together, Eddie went back to his room to rest his body. It had been almost two whole days since he last slept; all he did was fight and fight during that time.

***

After the Mansion incident, the Umbrella executives immediately received the news. They all agreed that the bioweapons leak could no longer be stopped.

The continuous explosions from the Mansion and Executive Training Building were only able to slow its spread. They still didn't know how many monsters were left in the area.

On the other hand, Spencer remained silent; none of this mattered. After all, Umbrella will collapse sooner or later.

He needed to form a new company and earn enough money and resources for his immortality plan.

As for Sergei, he stored the Talos project smoothly. As long as Talos is available, not even a tank or military jet will be an opponent of this creature!

Sergei still has no clue what Spencer is planning at this time. So far, the plan of immortality has not been told.

Even so, Sergei didn't really mind it. He was just a retired military man who had to be loyal and return the favor to Spencer.

***

The Arklay Mountains were still blocked. Several reporters knew that the tactical team had returned from their expedition to the Arklay area. They even know that Wesker, S.T.A.R.S.'s captain, died during the mission.

As for other specific situations, it is still unknown.

Brian had received Umbrella's instructions; his only job was to block the access to Arklay mountains; this was done to prevent the next attack.

With Brian's bullshit, it was announced that there was some kind of strange group operating in the area. The group is rumored to be practicing unethical worship. The police will do their best to stop these lawbreakers.

But none of that had anything to do with Eddie. Now he was just lying on the bed comfortably. As long as Svetlana guards this apartment, the apartment will be very safe.

***

In Raccoon City's underground laboratory, William Birkin has developed his G-Serum to a near completion stage.

"William, Wesker is dead. He was killed by the experimental Tyrant in the Mansion." Daniel delivers sad news.

Hearing that, William didn't turn and focused on what he was doing earlier, "Is that so? I'm surprised; please help me find a grave near Raccoon City for him. Send him a bouquet of flowers."

Daniel didn't find anything odd about William's statement, "Okay, I'll do the job. You can rest first."

After Daniel left, William took out his phone and placed it on the table. After that, he refocused on studying Serum for a while.

An hour later, he received a phone call. "Did the plan work?"

"Everything went smoothly, but I have another problem. I need money; after that, I will leave Raccoon city."