28. No Air

A/N

Hope you like and dedicated to wall_flowerr for being awesomely amazing when she comments :-)

___________________________________________________

               But how do you expect me,

              To live alone with just me?

       Cause my world revolves around you,

             It’s so hard for me to breathe

Harry's P.O.V

Lily's hair was blowing behind her as she ran towards the house. I gazed after her; not knowing exactly where she was going or what was up with her. The only thing I knew was that something was wrong. I yelled after her a few times before sprinting after her. Jasmine called on me to stop but I didn't listen. I had to know if Lily was okay.

"Lily!" I yelled once I got into the house. The kitchen was dark, no lights were on. From the looks of it, the living room and hallways were dark as well. I skipped on to the stairs without much look at the bottom floor of the house. It seemed as if Lily had gone straight upstairs. 

I ran up the stairs two at a time and reached the landing only seconds later. I stood on the spot for a moment, wondering which room she had gone into. I began making my way over to Lily and Jasmine's room but saw a light coming from the spare room at the bottom of the corridor. I started walking to it, assuming Lily had run in here.

I was just about to open the door when I heard a cry from inside the room. I narrowed my eyebrows and pressed my ear against the door. Lily was crying. I wasn't sure what to do. Should I go in? Should I knock first? Does she need me? I stayed rooted on the spot for a few more moments, my mind not being able to come up with a plan. After a moments hesitation I knocked on the wooden door.

"Lily?" I asked. I waited a moment but there was no reply. I knocked again. "Lily? Can I come in?" 

Everything was silent for a few moments until Lily spoke. "No, just leave," she said. Her voice sounder weak and I could hear that she was still crying. I was unsure of whether to leave her be or to console her. I wanted so badly to wrap her in my arms and tell her everything would be okay but what if that was the wrong move? I had never known what to do when girls cried. It wasn't my strong point. I decided against leaving and put my hand on the door handle to open it. I twisted the knob in my hand and pushed open the door. 

Lily was sitting on the edge of the bed with her back to me. Her face was in her hands and she was sobbing. I immediately felt my own throat tighten at the look of her being upset. "Oh jeez Lily. What's up?" I asked as I rushed over to her.

I crouched down in front of her and put my hands on her arms but she shrugged away. "I said just to go," she told me, standing up. She kept her back to me the whole time, her face hidden by her hair.

"Lily, what's wrong?" I asked again. Was it something I did? "You're scaring me," I said to her. I grabbed her arm. She froze but didn't shrug away like she had before. "Please Lily. Tell me what's wrong." 

She spun round to face me. "Harry, please let go." she asked. She wouldn't look at my face, instead choosing to look at my arms. "Please," she repeated her voice barely a whisper.

"Not till you tell me what's wrong." I said, pulling her a little closer. "Tell me Lily."

Lily's P.O.V

I couldn't bring myself to look Harry in the eye. I just couldn't. Knowing that I was about to leave him I just didn't have the courage to face him full on. He looked so hurt that I was refusing to let him in, to open up to him.