6. Keep Holding On

A/N

I'm really happy with this story so far and I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying it!

__________________________________________________________      

                                                 Keep holding on,

                    Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

                                                    Just stay strong, 

                          Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you

Lily's P.O.V

I was sure Jason was going to hit me. If Harry hadn't turned up I don't know what I would have done. He had just turned up out of the blue, my knight in shining armour. He pulled Jason of off me, he saved me. I was so relieved when Jason was gone. I couldn't believe I felt like that about someone that I used to love so much, but I did. I wasn't exactly lying when I told Jason that I didn’t love him anymore, I did still love him. I would always love him; I wasn't going to be able to change that no matter what happened in the future. Jason was always going to be a part of me; he was in all of my memories, filling up all of my childhood. He was my life, and without him in it, I would be lost. But I had to stay strong and move on.

Once Jason was gone, Harry rushed over to me with a worried expression. He looked me up and down a few times before stopping on my arms. He then started to run his fingers over my arms so lightly that I could hardly even feel it; I could tell by his expression that he was examining the finger marks that Jason had left. I was frozen. His feather light touch was giving me goose bumps and a cloud of butterflies were fluttering away in my stomach. My heart was going twice as fast and my knees felt as weak as lead. I knew I really shouldn't be feeling like this after what just happened with Jason but I couldn't help myself. Harry had the strangest affect on me. His hands just felt so protective, so safe.

After a few minutes, he tore his eyes away from my arms, which were now covered in goosebumbs, and looked into my eyes, but didn't stop moving his hands. 

"Are you okay?" he asked me, his voice so caring that it put a lump in my throat. 

I nodded quickly, swallowing the lump and blinked the tears that were threatening to escape away.

Harry nodded back at me and then dropped his hands from my arms as if he had just been shocked. He stuffed his hands into his jean pockets and cleared his throat. 

"So, erm, should we go inside to get your, er, things?" he asked.

"Yeah, okay." I opened up my purse to pull out the key to my dad’s apartment while Harry opened the double doors that led us into the lobby. We made our way towards the elevator in silence and when we reached it, Harry pressed the button to open the lift door. We stepped inside, I pressed the number 7 button and the doors shut with a ding, and started taking us up to the seventh floor. I played with the key in my hands nervously while Harry ran his hands through his hair. The elevator dinged again and the doors reopened. Harry and I stepped out and I nodded my head toward the second door on the left so Harry new where we were going. 

I put the key in the keyhole and turned it round until I heard the click. I then removed the key and opened the door to my dad's apartment. I hadn’t been here in a while but it was the same as I remembered it. The empty fish tank was still in the same place by the TV, the coffee table was still stacked with all of my old magazines, the book shelf was filled with the same books that it always was. Everything was the same, yet so different.