29. Need You Now

A/N

Aaaah. The ending is in sight! Harry and Jasmine on the side :-D

__________________________________________________________

                      It’s a quarter after one,

            I’m all alone and I need you now,

          And I don’t know how I can do without,

                     I just need you now

Lily's P.O.V

 Being back home felt... well it felt weird. Being back in my room in my house in my town felt pretty bizarre after the past few weeks. It was almost as if I had never left.

When I turned up a six o'clock in the evening, I was surprised to find that it was my brother Josh who answered the door. Josh was barely ever at home as he was a very sociable guy. He was forever out on dates or just hanging out with some friends. 

Josh seemed just as surprised to see me as I was to see him. His jaw dropped slightly before being replaced by a huge grin. "Lily!" he beamed before scooping me into a hug and spinning me round so that I was inside the house.

"Josh," I smiled back, unable to hide my happiness at seeing my older brother again. "How've you been?" I asked him once he had put me down.

"How have I been? I'm not the one who ran out on my own wedding before kissing a member of the most popular boy band in the world," Now it was my turn for my jaw to drop. "Don't look so surprised Lily. Jasmine does have my number," Josh told me.

I huffed. "Well that's all in the past now so let's just move on from that," I said, crossing my arms across my chest. The last thing I wanted was for Josh to start questioning me on Harry. I don't think I could bare having to talk about Harry right now. Through out the day I had been doing my best to forget him and to think of other things. It was working okay up until now as I had kept myself busy with finding transport back home but now I was able to relax, thoughts of Him began to come flooding back to me.

Josh however seemed to not be on my side today. "How bout we not move on from that?" he said before steering me into the kitchen. He shoved me down on a stool by the breakfast counter before making his way to the freezer. He opened it up before bending down to rummage about in the lower shelves. "Do you want Baked Alaska or Chocolate Fudge Brownie?" he asked me, lifting the two tubs of Ben and Jerry's out of the freezer.

"Do you have to ask?" I replied.

He laughed before putting the Chocolate Fudge Brownie in the microwave and grabbing two spoons. "You know, I don't understand why you like melted ice-cream. It's not exactly ice-cream when it’s melted. It's just cream really."

I shook my head. "You’re missing out," I told him just as the beeping went of. Josh ran to open the microwave door to take out the Ben and Jerry's. He handed me the tub and a spoon and I opened mine as he opened his.

I took a mouthful of the ice cream and smiled. It felt weird to be home but it was nice to have Josh around again. Josh was an amazing brother. He always seemed to know exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it. He was a good listener as well and always knew the right advice to give.

"Okay Lily, you have your ice-cream. Now talk," he commanded.

So I did.

I told Josh everything. I told him about leaving the wedding to getting on the train and meeting Danielle. I told him about Jason turning up at Dad's apartment and about how Harry had protected me. I told him about Jasmine turning up and Niall and her getting together and I told him about the concert. I told him about Harry and I's first kiss and the trip to the beach house. I told him about the first date. I told him that Harry loved me back and I told him how I hurt Harry so much by leaving. I told him. I told him that I was in love and I told him that I was scared.