DNF: Boyfriend "For the Night"

RATED T+ FOR TEENS AND UP (alcohol usage, sexual references)

Author's Choice Prompt

The club was packed to the brim: men in button ups and women in short cocktail dresses were scattered about the bar and dancefloor flirting, drinking, and dancing. It took George a lot of convincing to even come to this club in the first place with Dream. Dream and George walked up to the club doors and a large, buff, scary-looking man (who happened to be the bouncer) glared at them.

George pulled on Dream's arm for him to come closer.

"That man is terrifying, Dream." George whispered to his best friend. "What if he denies me?"

Dream laughed, turning away from the bouncer so he wouldn't hear them talking. "You're fine, George. Why would he deny you? We're both over 21, we're not already drunk, we're paying customers..."

"Well, what if he thinks my ID is fake?" George asked.

Dream looked down at George. "He's not gonna think that, come on. The longer we stand here the more sus he'll be of us, let's just go."

After a few seconds of contemplation, George agreed and followed behind Dream. They had no troubles entering the club, and when the combination of flashing lights, loud music, and random chattering hit them, they were both ready to let off some steam after a long day of recording and editing YouTube videos.

They swerved through the large crowd of people who were standing on the edge of the dance floor and then made their way to the bar to order some drinks.

"Whiskey on the rocks, please." Dream said loudly to the bartender, who seemed stressed beyond belief.

Dream then turned to George who was standing slightly behind him. "What do you want?"

George shrugged. "I dunno. I don't really drink that much, I've only ordered from a bar like twice in my life."

"You like whiskey?" Dream asked, leaning in to George's ear to talk over the music.

"I guess?" George said.

Dream turned back to the bartender. "Make that two. And start a tab for us as well, sir."

Dream swiveled around to face George and he caught George smirking.

"What?" Dream asked, smirking back.

" 'Two whiskeys on the rocks, please sir.' " George said, using an American accent and mocking the way Dream spoke.

Dream scoffed, holding out his hands in defense. "That's how you say it! Not my fault you're a weenie and you don't know how to order a drink."

They only had to wait another minute for their drinks to come, and they carried them carefully to two spare stools that were open at the bar.

Dream stook a sip of his drink, then watched as George took a skeptical sip of his own. After George took a sip, he pulled his lips back from it and made a disgusted face at Dream.

"This is so gross. How do you drink this?" George asked, smacking his tongue against the roof of his mouth to try to get rid of the taste.

"I like the taste of it. Plus that was like $5, you're gonna drink the whole thing, or I'll drink it for you." Dream replied.

"No! You're not getting my drink." George said, grabbing his glass on the counter and sliding it more towards himself.

"Fine, finish it then. We'll get you something fruity for the next drink you order." Dream said.