Karlnap: Massage Away My Troubles

*THIS CHAPTER IS RATED T+ (TEENS AND UP) for language and mild sexual references*

"Fuck."

Karl heard a loud thump in his office just down the hallway- a thump which shook the wine that he had been sipping on that sat on the table next to him. This sudden noise was followed by several long seconds of silence.

"Sap?" Karl asked, sitting still on the couch, fearing something bad had happened.

Karl then heard the door to Sapnap's office jiggle open, and then thud shut. Sapnap walked over and joined Karl in the living room, avoiding eye contact, but still sitting down next to him.

"Should I even ask?" Karl said softly, moving his knee to rest on his boyfriend's leg.

"We lost another investor. That's three now. It's like a repeat of last week all over again." Sapnap said through gritted teeth, shaking his head in disbelief.

Karl just gave Sapnap a sympathetic smile, not knowing how to respond.

Sap scoffed. "You know, it's this fucking work-from-home shit. I know our physical office didn't have enough workers to stay open, I get that, but god- I can't seem to get away from work. When I worked in an actual office, I would come home to you, and I could forget about work...I literally can't forget about my work here- my work is inside of my home."

Sapnap sighed, trying to regulate his emotions the best he could.

"I'm sorry, baby." Karl said, putting his hand on Sap's arm and rubbing up and down.

"I thought we talked about that, Karl? Stop apologizing for things that aren't your fault. Don't say 'I'm sorry' unless you made a mistake." Sapnap said, flashing a faded smile Karl's way.

"I know, I know, I'm s-" Karl eyed Sap to see if he noticed that he almost said it again. "I have to get better at that."

"You hungry for dinner yet?" Sap asked.

Karl shook his head no.

"Me neither. What should we do?" Sap peered around Karl's shoulder to look into the kitchen.

Dishes were piled up high in the sink, old towels were thrown casually in a few different places across the counter top, and unread mail was in a large stack at the corner of the dining table.

"The dishes, the mail...I don't wanna deal with any of that tonight." Sapnap said, widening his eyes while looking at Karl.

"We don't have to. It'll get done eventually, there's no rush." Karl assured his boyfriend.

Sapnap looked back towards the kitchen again out of habit and then started to rant.

"There is a rush, though! We have to keep up with the chores. What happens when the dishes fill the entire sink up, and then it'll smell, and then we'll get bugs, and-"