DNF: Noise Complaint (Part Five)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

LONG TIME NO SEE y'all! i haven't posted any new chapters in over five months, but i am back. if you haven't yet read it yet, i posted a message on my conversations page that fills you guys in on all the details of my hiatus and what's to come for me as a writer! the gist of it is: i am back, but i also work a lot during the week, so posts will be random whenever i have time to write, and i won't force out oneshots/chapters that i am not proud of. for now, enjoy this update to my 'dnf: noise complaint' oneshot series (thinking of making it into a short novel...?) see y'all again soon :)

-gracie

George heard light laughter coming from outside his apartment hallway, filling up the empty halls as almost everyone had gone home- except him. He opened up his door to find his little sister Angie on FaceTime with one of her friends.

"Heyyy, look who it is!" Angie said, pointing the camera towards her big brother with a huge smile on her face.

George waved awkwardly to the camera. "Hi Sara."

Angie turned the camera back to herself, continuing the conversation with her friend over FaceTime, until George coughed loudly on purpose.

Angie glared at George, then turned her attention back to her phone.

"I gotta go, Sara. I'll call you later when we get home, okay? Keep me updated on how your date goes!" Angie said.

She waited a second for her friend to respond, then waved bye and hung up the FaceTime.

"You're in a rush, huh?" Angie said, putting her phone in her pocket.

George keyed back into his apartment. He then changed the subject, trying to give the illusion to his little sister that he wasn't completely stressed right now, given the Dream situation.

"Sara's going on dates now? Last time I heard of her she was still devastated that Trevor broke up with her." George said, stepping into his apartment with Angie close behind.

"Yeah, well...she's dating again. Don't even get me started on that girl. I love her to pieces but she's insane. I'll tell you all about it on the drive back home. But first I have to pee so bad. I drank a large coffee on the way over." Angie said, racing into George's bathroom.

She shut the door loudly, scaring even George with how noisy of a sound it made.

"Uhh, Angie?" George said, already bracing for the impact of her answer to his upcoming question.

"One sec." Angie said, flushing the toilet, then opening the door up to talk to George as she washed her hands.

"What's up?" Angie asked.

"Do you, uh...do you mind if we make a pit stop on the way back home?" George said, watching her dry her hands by flailing them in the air.

"Please let it be dinner? Ugh, I'm starving." Angie said, shutting off the bathroom light and starting to glance around George's half-empty apartment.

"Oh, well, we could do dinner too. I, uh...I need to stop at a friend's house." George said.

George was fully expecting no for an answer. Knowing how difficult his sister was to deal with on a normal day, combined with the fact that she had already driven four hours from home to come pick George up at college.

"Which friend?" Angie asked, inspecting George's salt and pepper shakers in his kitchen.

"Dream. I've told you about him before." George said.