Karlnap: My Neighbor Tutor (Part Three)

BEGINNING OF CHAPTER AUTHOR'S NOTE

this is part three to a multi-part oneshot series. make sure to read parts one and two before reading this!!

i MIGHT turn "my neighbor tutor" (these chapters) into a short story. some of y'all already suggested this, so let me know if you like that idea!

The day couldn't have gone by slower. All Karl was looking forward to was going to the skate park for his first date with Sapnap. Karl had never truly dated anyone before. Unless you counted Mikey Stills, his third grade desk buddy.

Karl and Mikey would pass notes to each other in class- slipping crumpled up pieces of paper underneath their desks. Karl didn't know it at the time, but looking back on it, that was probably the moment he realized he was panromantic.

Gender didn't really matter- he just liked who he liked, and that's it. What did take a while for Karl to come to terms with, however, was his sexuality:

"Asexual..." Karl repeated out loud, turning up the volume on his phone so he could hear his friend on the other end better.

"That one's, like, uhhh...you don't have sex, right?" Karl's online best friend Quackity (aka Alex) said over the phone.

"It's not really that I don't have sex, it's just that it's not appealing to me in the first place. Some people who are ace are sex-repulsed, with means they're kinda disgusted by the idea of sex or having sex. Then there's ace people who are sex-favorable, which can mean it's not about the attraction, but they like feeling of sex itself, or they like that the sex brings them closer to their partner." Karl said, twiddling with a pen in his hand while waiting for Quackity to respond.

"I didn't know it was that complicated. Wow. Hey, be who you are, man." Alex replied in a witty manner.

Karl laughed, trying to brush off how cliché his friend was sounding right now.

"For me, I guess I'm...neutral, when it comes to sex? Like, I could take it or leave it. I'd maybe have sex if my partner wanted to, but it's not something I'd actively seek out, you know?" Karl said.

"Mhmm. So, what about that guy you're talking to? What's his name again?" Quackity asked.

"Sapnap..." Karl said in a dreamy voice.

Quackity laughed. "Does Sapnap like boys?"

"Yeah, he told me he does." Karl replied, chewing the minty gum in his mouth and forming a bubble with it.

"Does Sapnap like to get down and dirty is the next question?" Quackity half-jokingly asked.

Karl laughed nervously.

"Ew. See, even you just saying that makes me feel weird. I dunno! We haven't even been on our first official date yet, okay? I'll have time before I have to think about doing anything sexual with him." Karl replied, popping the bubble he formed with his gum, causing a loud clicking sound.

"When is your skate-date, anyway?" Quackity asked.

Karl checked the time on his phone. "Anyyy minute now. He stayed after school for one of his classes, then he's skating back here and we're gonna walk to the park. Hey, maybe I should-"

Karl was interrupted by his doorbell ringing.

"That's him! Bye Alex." Karl said, quickly hanging up the phone before Quackity could even get another word in.