DNF: Noise Complaint (Part One)

THIS CHAPTER IS RATED 'T+' FOR TEENS AND UP (swearing, mild sexually-suggestive content, drug references)

comment for a part two !!!

George scribbled down in black ink on the piece of paper in front of him- the same paper that was already loaded with jumbled words, numbers, and symbols:

"results inconclusive"

How on Earth had the results turned out inconclusive? George thought to himself.

George had been working on this paper for one of his courses-a research seminar class for his biology major. He had reread the research paper over and over again, asked several of his friends to look over it as well and, as of a week ago, he thought it looked pretty good.

He had one hiccup with the paper at the start, but his Professor had caught the mistake and warned him about it early on. Other than that, though, he thought it was going well. Yet here he was, staring at his own handwriting written messy on this piece of paper:

"results inconclusive"

George then got out his phone to call his best friend.

"Karl?" George asked over the phone.

Karl answered, with a lower-toned voice than usual. "Hey man."

"Were you sleeping?" George asked, confused, because it was only ten at night.

"Yeah, bro. I worked until 2 am at the library all last week. I'm really tired." Karl said, yawning over the phone.

"Oh, sorry, that sucks." George said, even though he wasn't really sorry, because he urgently needed help with this paper. "I was just wondering if there's any way I can read you my final paper? I'll come to your house, if you want."

"Your final paper...? Oh, for Seminar 408? You have that shit down, bro. Your paper's probably flawless." Karl commented, yawning once more at the end of his sentence.

"No, you don't understand. The results came up inconclusive. Howwww are they inconclusive? Everything about this experiment was conclusive!! Karl, I really need you to come over." George begged.

"I can't, bro. I'll look at it tomorrow before class." Karl said.

George groaned. "Ughhh, it's due Thursday, though! I have so much to edit on it before I turn it in, and what if I don't get it in on time!? Professor Morlan said no late papers, no matter the excuse. And what if I don't-"

George was interrupted by noises coming from the apartment next to him. There was a man singing in the shower- loudly.

The walls in George's apartment complex were paper thin, and it was bad enough having to listen to other people's toilets flushing and microwaves beeping, but now George had to endure through an X-Factor singing audition? No fucking way.