Stage 01: The Day the Demon was Born

The sound of a heartbeat is heard before the title disappears as the darkness opens up like someone's eyes opening to the bright blue sky and the sound of cicadas chirping before the camera shifts to half of what is clearly C.C's face, who is watching a pair of boys rock-climb up a hill, Suzaku, who reaches the top before helping the other one up, Lelouch.

The setting is revealed to be near Mt. Fuji, and C.C dressed in a dark blue yukata with sunflower patterns similar to the surrounding.

'She was there with us that long ago?' Zero, who slowly turns his head towards the girl, is startled before he quickly looks back at the screen.

While everyone else is confused as to why she's observing the two kids, behind his mask, Lelouch frowns. 'That heartbeat... It can be interpreted as mine, but it is also C.C's. The darkness represents her loneliness as well as mine. You are not alone anymore, and neither am I.'

Subtly, Lelouch intertwines his fingers with C.C's, who slightly trembles at having their minds suddenly connected as she hears his thoughts similar to when she first gave him Geass as well as all the other times she shared her memories with him.

Everyone in their row is able to see that they're holding hands, so the others paying them attention are confused as to why Leila and Akito are grinning in the green-haired woman's direction.

"C.C, why were you stalking Lelouch?!" Kallen demands an answer, only to get ignored. "Hey! Answer me!"

"Who says I was stalking him? Perhaps you're the one obsessed with him?" The Witch taunts, earning a blush from the redhead.

"N-No!"

C.C: 'The date was August 10 in the year 2010 of the Imperial Calendar.'

"Yo, what?! We can hear thoughts?! That's... so invasive!" Gino shouts with a half-smile, half-grimace.

Kallen frowns. "And why is that an issue to you?"

"N-No reason."

C.C: 'The Holy Britannian Empire had just declared war upon Japan. The far east nation had held fast to its neutrality. And now Britannia looms as the world's only superpower.'

The scene shifts from the two kids observing a massive Britannian fleet of aircraft approaching above Mt. Fuji to a map of Britannia's tactics used during the invasion showing forces sent from a total of nine different bases: two in California, one everywhere else in Iowa, Seattle, Hawaii, Alaska, the Aleutian Islands, the Marshal Islands, and the Philippines.

Leila frowns. Even though the E.U isn't considered a superpower by everyone else and was eventually conquered by Britannia, they were never truly defeated as resistance kept fighting on until they gained their freedom. 

Being not called a superpower was an insult to her nation and its many states, having contested many territories that they held onto.

She cleared her throat. "I would like to say that your statement is incorrect, C.C. At that time, Britannia was not the only superpower in the world. The E.U was the second. Even if we were losing the war, we had been fighting Britannia since the end of the Second World War in our states with major geographical home-field advantage, such as Euro-Russia, Siberia, Poland, Ukraine, Germany, Italy, and Spain. Sure, everything west, southwest, and east of those locations fell, but not after we punched Britannia in the mouth."

C.C nods. "I see. You're right. My apologies."

She smiles. "No need! Just wanted to educate everyone about that little tidbit."

Akito feels his face warm when he sees her smile.

Everyone else who doesn't know Leila can't help but stare at her and wonder why she fought against her own country, especially Cornelia, but Kallen and the orange farm residents felt a great deal of ever increasing respect for her.