Stage 07: Attack Cornelia

Before I begin, I'd like to say that if I add any scenes or quotes of my own in the episode that isn't in the anime, I will separate it from canon using numbering like this:

(#. This represents the beginning of the custom scene/quote.)

Scene/Quote

(#. This represents the end of the custom scene/quote.)

Followed by the rest of the episode.

.

.

.

The episode begins with text that says, "8 years ago, 2009 a.t.b."

Announcer: "Announcing, Prince Lelouch vi Britannia, 17th heir to the royal Britannian imperial throne!"

A large pair of gates to the Pendragon Imperial Palace swing open, revealing a 9-year-old Lelouch with a displeased expression.

"Finally," Akito sits closer to the edge of his seat. "I really want to learn more about his motivation for fighting, so it seems like we may be about to find out why."

Tohdoh and Xingke nod in agreement, very eager to see more behind the true Lelouch vi Britannia.

While Milly thinks how Lelouch looks cute as a kid, Kallen is surprised to see such a defiant look on his face. Even if he was a child, this was a side of him she never saw.

Lelouch grits his teeth at this memory, one of the most traumatizing things that ever happened to him. But a part of him is grateful that his bastard of a father opened his past-self's eyes to the way the royals were expected to play, and subsequently, he learned how corrupt Britannia really is.

Seeing the young boy on screen, Cornelia, along with the rest of the audience who held something against Lelouch, are all reminded that he was human too, even if some of them still won't acknowledge it.

Then, they all remember that this is the first time they're seeing Lelouch as a child since the first scene in the first episode, the one where he proclaimed to obliterate Britannia someday.

The purplette narrows her eyes. 'If he really did hate Britannia like he said, ignoring the fact that he ended up becoming the Emperor, then maybe it will show us why.'

At the end of the red carpet is Emperor Charles, seated in his throne.

The Prince begins slowly making his way across the red carpet, both noblemen and women alongside a few royal family members surrounding either side of it.

The royals stay silent, but the nobility are unable to keep their gossip quiet as Lelouch silently seethes while listening to their talk.

Nobility: "I heard Empress Marianne was killed inside of the Britannian Palace."

Nobility: "There's no way terrorists could've gotten in there."

Nobility: "Which means that the real assassins must have been..."

Nobility: "Shhh. Beware, my friend. You'll regret it if anyone hears that kind of talk around the Palace."

Nobility: "And yet, the boy remains... even though his mother is dead."

Schneizel gapes. "Unbelievable. I always heard that the nobility and some members of our family gave Lelouch and Nunnally a hard time, but I usually never saw it happen. The only time I did was when Sister Carine would ruthlessly pick on Nunnally, even despite knowing how Lelouch would come running in to defend her. If I had known it would be this bad..."