Stage 04: His Name Is Zero

The episode begins with a new summary from C.C.

C.C: 'Lelouch, a youth of Britannia, had been granted special abilities by a mysterious girl. Geass, the power to command others to do absolutely anything. And Lelouch is determined to use that power to bring the Britannian Empire to ‍its ‍knees. To avenge his mother, and create a world where his younger sister Nunnally can find happiness. All the while knowing at the end of his quest, the Britannian Emperor, his father, awaits. Or at least, that was the hope Lelouch carried in his heart back then...'

"Back then?" Kaguya looks towards the Witch. "Lady C.C, what do you mean by that? You make it sound like this was you speaking from way in the future of the on-screen's present."

"Hm... I don't know how it acquires my thoughts or narration, but that was definitely my thoughts near the end of the third disc."

Anya frowns, being the only one to know that at least one of Lelouch's goals changed when he discovered the true nature of his mother. The very thought of her made the pinkette feel her heart darken with the desire of revenge for what she did to her.

After the opening song is the traditional episode name.

STAGE 4

His Name Is Zero

"Here we go," Kallen mutters in excitement.

In an interrogation room, the gun that killed Clovis is being shown to the accused, sealed away in a transparent plastic bag.

Jeremiah: "Do you know anything about this weapon? Suzaku Kururugi, it was the one used to rob Prince Clovis of his life. The barrel striations leave no doubt, and we've done a little homework on you, as well. You're the eldest child of Japan's last acting Prime Minister, are you not? Your motive here is clear."

Suzaku: "You're making a mistake. I have never even laid eyes on that gun."

Upon trying to defend himself, a guard his chairs and breaks it, making him fall over with his hands still cuffed behind his being. 

Jeremiah: "We've found your fingerprints all over this weapon. You're also suspected of murdering members of the Royal Guard. Come clean now, and you'll be judged as though you were born a Britannian, not some worthless Eleven."

Suzaku: "You're wrong! I've done nothing!" He yelps in pain as a guard kicks him across his face.

Cecile clenches her fists and glares at Jeremiah. "Haven't you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?!"

"That concept was introduced a couple decades ago, but it wasn't truly cemented in law and in practice until after Master Lelouch's death. Not that that justifies my actions, though. I admit I was wrong. Hell, I even knew he wasn't the murderer, but in order to maintain my reputation as the leader of the Purist Faction, I needed a scapegoat to remain in power."

Lelouch helps Nunnally out of her wheelchair and into her bed, tucking her in. 

His little sister fusses over what the news said about Suzaku murdering Clovis was true or not, to which he assures her it isn't.

Meanwhile, in Ohgi's hideout, a pissed Tamaki shouts at Ohgi while stomping away.

Tamaki: "That's why we should've issued freakin' statement sooner! We coulda taken credit for it!"

"That would be stupid of us if we did," Kallen scolds.

"Huh? How so?"

Ohgi answers, "Taking credit for the murder of a Britannian royal would've drawn a lot of unnecessary attention to us. Doing so would've certainly resulted in our deaths."