Leave 01

Gino left Kallen to go get a drink for the two of them.

She stood on top of the roof of the theater and leans against the guardrails deep in thought, not noticing the door behind her open as Gino shows up with a grin.

"Hey. Got you some coffee."

"Thanks."

He chuckles. "No prob."

The blond leans against the structure with her as they observe the city below them.

New Pendragon.

It's still mostly destroyed from the FLEIJA. Even now, the government is trying to fill the massive hole it literally left in the Earth so that they can even have a foundation to rebuild what they lost.

To think that such a powerful weapon exists, one that can atomize such a massive area, is enough to make anyone feel small.

They both take sips of their drinks as Gino got himself some tea.

Kallen sighs. "It feels weird to be living in peace times for once."

"Sure does. Won't this era make us unemployed?"

"Nope. Us Black Knights, and those who wish to work alongside us, such as yourself, are the keepers of the peace. We have to make sure it lasts and that Lelouch's sacrifice wasn't in vain. Countless others died, as well."

He broke the silence, "Speaking of Lelouch... Are you feeling alright?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, after Lelouch used his Geass on you, were there any side effects?"

"Well, as you've already seen, there was short-term memory less, although mine was quite different from most since I recovered quite fast."

"You know, it's still scary to think that there are people out there that have that kind of power. Geass seems so evil to me, and even in the right hands- or better hands I should say, even with someone like Lelouch, who I won't necessarily call good or evil, I wouldn't trust that person."

She smiles. "Thanks for worrying about me, but let's jump right to what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Okay." He straightens his slouched position at the same time as her.

"Gino, I know you have feelings for me, but I'm still trying to sort out my feelings for Lelouch." He looks down in disappointment. "But if you really want to date me, then I suppose we could hang out sometime, but only after we're done watching those three discs."

"Thanks, Kallen. Take your time. There's no rush. As a Knight of the Round, I would be honored if you would have me," He bows with a grin. "But for now, let's not let anything awkward get in the way between us, alright? Whatever it is you want us to be, I'm okay with it as long as we respect one another."

"Deal!" She reaches out a hand and offers a handshake.

They shake hands and return to their previous posture.

After finishing their drinks, Kallen says, "We should go get something to eat."

"Sounds good. Britannian or Japanese food?"

"Japanese, of course!"

He laughs and follows after her.

.

.

.

The Black Knights are all gathered in a conference room alongside Schneizel and Cornelia. The only exceptions are Kallen and Zero, who aren't present.