The Timeline

Source- https://codegeass.fandom.com/wiki/World_History#Calendars

Source for the links of major battles during First and Second Black Rebellions- https://codegeass.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Rebellion#Major_Campaigns

Alright, so the timeline of Code Geass doesn't make sense at all. That first link above has all the major events and their dates listed, and they all come from various sources from certain creators of the Code Geass anime, LN's, manga, games, etc.

However, even these creators don't know what they're talking about.

For example, the anime shows that right before the Battle of Narita, it began snowing, but how can the Battle of Narita take place on August 27 when it is next to impossible for snow to begin that early in an island nation, even in the mountains. The earliest they might receive snow in the mountains is probably late September.

Another thing is that in one of the Akito The Exiled films, Leila's journal says that it is May of 2017, but that is also impossible because those movies take place after R1 but before R2.

Lastly, the wiki states that R1 takes place over the course of only one month from August 2017-September 2017. This is completely and utterly unrealistic. Someone must've been taking some serious drugs to come up with this.

Study history. No war as big as the Black Rebellion would ever last so short.

For these reasons, I am going to list a timeline of the major canon events from 2017 onwards that cover R1, Akito The Exiled, and R2.

Here's the canon timeline list, but with much more realistic dates and a few additions by myself (some of these still need dates, especially Akito events, so I'll add those after rewatching the movies and may make changes as I go along):

R1 Timeline:

Year 2017 a.t.b.

May 6th: Emperor Charles zi Britannia appoints Second Princess Cornelia li Britannia the rank of Chief General of the Imperial Army and orders her to invade the Middle Eastern Federation.

May 8th: Under the new Chief General's command, Britannia invades the Middle East. Cornelia li Britannia begins a three-month-long military campaign and earns the title "The Goddess of Victory" when she conquers thousands of miles of land, being stopped short of only Saudi Arabia and Yemen by intense resistance.

May 27th: Naoto Kouzuki acquires intel from a Britannian mole that Prince Clovis is in possession of poison gas. Fearing that he plans to unleash it on his people, Naoto begins making plans to steal it, sharing the intel with the JLF and subsequently making the Kouzuki group popular amongst the other resistances.

June 29th: Naoto Kouzuki is killed while helping his group get away with the now stolen poison gas. The Shinjuku Ghetto is destroyed. Area 11's Viceroy and Third Prince Clovis la Britannia is killed by Zero.

July 2nd: Seeing that Charles zi Britannia hasn't done even considered who the new leader of Area 11 should be, Second Prince Schneizel el Britannia appoints Margrave Jeremiah Gottwald, leader of the Purist Faction, as the new Acting Viceroy until the Emperor can come to a decision and appoint a permanent one.

July 7th: Suzaku Kururugi is framed for Clovis' murder.

July 20th: Zero rescues Suzaku Kururugi.

July 23rd-July 25th: Suzaku Kururugi's trial. The judge, jury, and prosecution intended to drag it out, but as Lloyd Asplund and Cecile Croomy of the ASEEC are employees of Schneizel, the Prince, upon hearing their pleas and Suzaku's testimony, pardons the Honorary Britannian.