Stage 08: The Black Knights

.

.

.

The next morning, the Empress summoned everyone to the theater.

Nunnally coughed. "Everyone, I think we should watch an episode or two before we eat breakfast. There may come times when we may need to get up slightly earlier than usual to get through all 55 episodes planned."

"55?!" Tamaki shouts.

"Yes, Mr. Tamaki. A.A told me that there are 25 in R1 and R2 each as well as five in the second disk. We don't have a lot of time since we're only spending a week together, and in order to fully uncover the truth of big brother's life, we have to start really grinding through these, even if we have to sit all day. 55 episodes in seven days is an average of seven or eight episodes per day if we hope to finish on time."

"Sitting all day is so boring! I'd prefer to work on Mr. Lancelot," Lloyd complains, only for Cecile to pull his ear.

"Idiot! The Empress often sits all day doing paperwork, and you're gonna complain when we practically get what you would consider free entertainment?"

Tohdoh sighs. "Then we're all in agreement. From now on, when it comes to when we watch, that decision will be deferred to Her Highness Nunnally."

They all nod.

A.A announces that the episode is starting.

The episode begins with a new summary narration.

C.C: 'Lelouch, a Britannian youth, has been given a god-like power by the mysterious young woman, C.C. Geass, the absolute power to compel anyone to follow any order. For the sake of his younger sister, Nunnally, Lelouch plots to destroy the Holy Britannian Empire. Meanwhile, his best friend from childhood - Suzaku Kururugi - has established himself as an Honorary Britannian within the Empire. At this point, their lives are already intertwined and their destinies predetermined with inevitable outcomes.'

Nunnally frowns. "C.C, you knew Lelouch and Suzaku were slowly drifting apart?"

"Yes. I hope you don't hold it against me for not trying to convince Lelouch to do something about it."

Nunnally shakes her head. After all, how could anyone blame C.C after what they'd seen? It's obvious that she's the oldest of them all and has been through a lot.

STAGE 8

The Black Knights

"This must've been when you guys formed into an organized resistance, I take it?" Rivalz asks Kallen, who nods.

The episode begins showing Japanese civilians living in abject poverty, looking very demoralized as a train passes on the bridge right over their heads, the same train carrying three Ashford Student Council members, Milly, Shirley, and Nina, all while a baby loudly cries.