S2/11

Moist tears stained her cheeks that were reddened due to the impact of the slap. She was bearing the sudden pain in her womb as her little sister, y/n, held her close, trying to give her some sort of assurance. Chanyeol was sitting on the couch expressionless…while Rose stared at the blank wall in front of her.

Min Seok: You are just like your mother…a whore!!

He spat those words making Chanyeol and Y/n gasp. Jihyo looked at him with tears in her eyes. She was too weak to even stand on her feet without any support.

Y/n: Grandfather…pl..please…try to…

Min Seok’s entire demeanor changed on hearing y/n’s voice. A look of concern took over his entire face that was red with anger. He walked towards the girls making Jihyo hold y/n tighter, afraid for the safety of her child.

Rose took hold of Jihyo’s weak self as Min Seok held y/n’s hands in his and spoke softly.

Min Seok: Y/n…my child…you are too pure for this world. Your sister is wrong and she’s trying to spoil you too…don’t take her side…Go to your room.

His voice was firm but y/n stood still. She removed her hands from his hold and stood next to Jihyo.

Min Seok: Don’t make decisions you’ll regret…

Y/n: My sister has always loved me…she neglected herself just to keep the promise she made as a five year old…I can’t let go of her hand when she needs me the most, I just can’t…and my mother was a great woman…she isn’t anything like you say…she isn’t…

Jihyo squeezed y/n’s hands softly as she felt her shudder while standing next to her.

Jihyo: Please grandfather…I don’t want to marry him or anyone else…please…

Min Seok: Either kill this child on your own or you know better, Jihyo…we don’t want y/n to find out the truth now…do we…

Jihyo’s eyes widened remembering that night…when her brother killed someone in front of her eyes, on the orders of Park Min Seok. She remembered how he tried to force her to be a part of the underworld…the torture…the blood…the screams…everything…

Jihyo: I’m begging you…please…

She fell on her knees trying to hold her sobs. Chanyeol immediately stood up to rush to her side only to be held by his Grandfather.

Min Seok: Leave this family. With this child in your womb you can’t be a part of this family…I won’t tolerate dirty blood like him in my house…just leave before I do something…

Jihyo wiped her cheeks and stood up to leave. She felt a soft grip on her arm. Y/n looked at her with a pained look and then turned to face her grandfather.

Y/n: She won’t be the only one leaving…

Chanyeol: Y/n stop being childish…

Rose: Grandfather ignore her words…she’s just a kid…

Grandfather: Whoever steps out of this house today is dead for me. He or she ceases to exist in my life…

With that said, he walked upstairs with a heavy heart and y/n stepped out of the house with Jihyo. As soon as the door closed on their faces, she didn’t look back and decided to be strong…for her sister, for the baby growing in Jihyo’s womb, for herself…

One year later

Walking out of the book shop y/n bumped into a stranger and the books from her hand fell down. She cursed herself for being this clumsy. Both the stranger and y/n bent down to pick up the books. She thanked him only to see his eyes fixed on her face.

He was wearing a black cap and mask hiding his entire face. His eyes were brown, shining in the sunlight as they studied her intricate details. He handed her the books and saw her walking away.

“My princess…finally you came back…”