Everything

I could feel something poking me. My instinct was to hit it away thinking it was some bug, but when my hand came up the bug legs disappeared. I dozed off again until it came back. I remembered I was on some beach and with that got a prickly feeling it could be a crab.

"What the..." I whispered groggily. A little hand, I traveled up the arm to find a little boy. He stared at me with blue eyes as dark as the ocean, little dreads poked his eyebrows that hung rainbow colored beads in a perfect pattern. He wore summer overalls with no shoes and the most interesting thing about him had to be the giant fluffy wings that blocked out the sun above my head. They resembled that of a hawk with many brown shades. 

Either I'm dreaming, high, or there's a giant bird behind the kid.

"An angel?..." I jokingly asked rubbing my eyes. The boy's head tilted and the wings did a little flutter. A dimpled smile later after the initial shock gifted my eyes. 

I sat up hesitantly wiping off the sand that happen to stick to me in my sleep and swept at my surroundings. Completely encircled by nature and water, the weather looked about the morning hours, the sun having reached the tippity top of the sky. I looked at the boy who stood up from his crouched position. Being more awake I could tell the wings were on the kid's back, there was no giant bird, no dreaming, and I don't remember taking anything odd. Where are his parents?

"What are you doing here?" It took me a while to process that it was the boy who was talking to me. I awkwardly took one more sweep of my surroundings, "visiting the beach," was my reply.

"Oh," was the kids, he looked to be around eight or nine. "You saw me so I can't really let you go..." He said looking fairly guilty. What was that supposed to mean? He frantically shook his head and waved his hands, "I mean I will but not right now, c'mon hurry quickly!" He beckoned with his hands and I had no choice but to follow with the amount of enthusiasm he was using. 

"Where are we going?" I shouldered my duffle bag having put my socks and shoes back on. "To see Daisy, after that, you can leave..."

"You," I paused studying his back, the wings folded neatly not sprouting as they had done before, holes were cut into the overalls to fit them better. "You're an Esper," it wasn't questioned it was a fact, the boy was quiet not reacting to a word. The walk across the beach was bathed in silence. I didn't know if that had made him uncomfortable, heck I might have offended him but I still followed nevertheless and he didn't complain.

The boy turned left sharply and went straight into some vines. I followed, the wood vines sweeping over my upper body like a curtain. We then shuffled for another ten minutes or so when subtle settlement signs started popping up. 

"This is Daisy's house," The boy said pointing to a cabin just up ahead. I got uneasy now, having the mind to think rationally but I held it down. 

The boy went inside while I didn't follow this time, I heard a loud shout of "Daisy!" with some pots and pans crashing. There was some commotion inside, so I decided to focus on the garden growing all around the cabin. Healthy vegetables were thriving while some tomatoes were strained with the need to be cut. I squatted down to observe good bugs crawling on the greenery and gently cupped the blossomed flower of a cucumber plant. Perhaps I should water them?

Suddenly annoyed grumbles made their way outside, I met a pair of flaming brown eyes. Her face held a scowl and contempt instantly overwhelmed her looks at the sight of me. "Again Veer? Again!?" She rasped in clear annoyance as we both observed each other. 

"Please don't tell Rabby, please please!" The winged boy now known as Veer tugged at her skirt. "This is the second time already!" She sounded as if she couldn't believe the boy. Was he getting in trouble because of me? 

"I'm sorry I thought he was dead I didn't know, I didn't know! Don't tell Rabby!" Veer looked at her with watery eyes, she seemed to concede for now. The woman made a clicking sound with her tongue and trudged her way over to me black haired bob bouncing.

I instantly jerked away from the garden putting a safe distance between myself and the woman. 

"Are you one of his guardians?" I questioned. Now that the kid is with someone I could leave feeling he's in good hands. I had to wonder why I even followed the boy as if I were in a trance.

She raised a brow and smiled, "That's not the right question." She pointed to the sky and said, "Look."

That one word had an echo effect, I felt lightheaded all of a sudden, my vision began to swim. Abrupt nausea and disorientation had me almost falling on unsteady feet. Earthy colors blended together, I felt drunk. What the hell.

"Look harder," Another of the woman's echoes pulsed, and everything got worse. I needed to stop her from whatever she was doing.

I needed to drown her.

Immediately the spinning world steadied and my vision cleared. I had fallen to my knees in the aftermath but my overall physical condition was well.

When I glanced up I couldn't conceal my shock. Streams of water like spider webs flowed from all directions. Water was pulled from the ground, the ocean, and the cabin, all forming into one water cocoon encompassing the woman. The scene was beautiful if not accounting for the drowning lady.

"What's going on?"

With a new person's arrival, the spell was broken and water instantly exploded in a mist, Daisy having been soaked to the bone while everyone else got a summer sprinkle.

"So cool!!!" Veer's loudness drowned out any suspicion, you could even see stars twinkling in the boy's eyes.

-
A/N- my art of Veer

-A/N- my art of Veer