what

"How are you?" Aito asked eating a fork full of cake. I'd already eaten some earlier with Rabby, Daisy, and Veer, though awkwardly. Rabby doesn't talk much except to confuse me, though I understand I can't comprehend half the things he says. I feel like there's some sort of wall between me and reason. I'm not sure how to explain it. However, his voice is quite lovely. Veer had dominated the conversation most of the time talking about his adventures outside.

Rabby left after putting more dishes in the sink and not long after Aito came through a portal demanding cake. I couldn't refuse his request and was kind of glad he was here. His presence was calming maybe because his first impression was nice. Daisy and Veer went outside to finish whatever they had to do. I peeked out the window seeing the late afternoon set in.

"Craving Chinese," I smiled at him a hand on my cheek. He smiled back while chewing, "You craving me?"

I gawked and choked on literal air.

Aito chuckled watching me struggle internally/externally, I take back what I said before...

I turned around to hide just how flustered that made me pretending to be very focused on the tv. "SO what about you? How are you?" I fumbled with my fingers rubbing an obvious scar I got from who knows where. An exhausted sigh made me glance at him noticing just how tired he appeared. "It's hard but definitely rewarding in the end..."

I wanted him to elaborate after all I would probably be helping out in the future. "What do you do, as an A rank?"

"Ah I didn't tell you did I, I manipulate Earth, Dawson is an fire ability Esper. Don't ask me even I don't know why he's considered an ability Esper. Today we had a big breakthrough though in an experimental facility that's why I'm so tired. Lots of the Esper's saved needed doctor's assistance aka me." Aito ate his last bit of cake and got up plopping himself on the couch.

"Experimental facility.." I all but whispered eyes lowering. "It's quite common actually, parents selling their children to one. Happened to me," Aito continued me getting even more shocked.

"Well anyway, it's about to become a shitstorm now that, that tech is out. It's already hectic enough that I can't understand why humans do this. I hate them, those bad ones anyway."

I knew he was just venting he didn't even sound like he was talking to me. Every word had my stomach sinking it was like being told the apocalypse started. "Well...well I'll try my best to help out," my voice was small and I think Aito realized something because his head shot up.

"Look I-" he looked down brows furrowed he then sighed again. "Is it ok if I hug you?" My face must've been as surprised as I felt. I don't remember the last time I was hugged, was I ever even hugged? It would be stupid to say the ocean did. Well, it looked like he needed a hug anyway and I didn't want to turn him down. I walked over to the couch where he sat and was waiting for him to hug me with my silent invitation.

"I'm too lazy to get up let's hug sitting down," my cheeks reddened again as I sat next to him and then instantly was embraced. I awkwardly put my hands on his back giving it subtle pats and a little uncomfortable with the way I had to twist my body his way. His breath chilled my shoulder and after only a few seconds he muttered, "this won't do."

My point of view shifted and before I knew it I was laying on his laid-out chest, he moved my legs with his own putting them atop his. I was stunned at how quickly I was manhandled and I wouldn't consider myself a small guy. His arms wrapped around my chest keeping me plush against his...which...did I feel a piercing on his peck area? "This is much better," Aito smiled closing his eyes.

"Aito," I whispered, no response. "Aito..." Nothing. "Ait-" His hand dragged my head to his shoulder. "Relax."

Somehow I did while feeling the muted thump of his pulse and listening to his breathing. I must've dozed to the scent of flowers from his long hair that tickled my chin, or perhaps the warmth he brought while cocooning me.