that's

My shock grew and reality struck. We all stood there looking at one another. Me more so looking at the new person. I mean he was absolutely gorgeous. 

Brown skin, curly black hair, dark blue eyes that would put the deep ocean to shame. He stood taller than my average height and if it weren't for the adrenaline I would stare longer. Let's not get started on his swimmer body physique.

Without warning the kid jumped on me making me stumble.

"Are you an Esper too?" The question was left hanging, I felt my mouth go dry. I looked at the other two people numbly, one still in stupefaction and completely soaked, the other raising a brow to meet my eyes.

"Um...yeah."

It was that easy to admit something you'd hidden your whole life. My heart was hammering against my chest. "I should probably," I looked around realizing I don't remember which direction I came, "Go..." the word trailed off.

Veer had me in a locked hug, "Why would you leave? You're our friend!"

"Veer, let him go." The new man yanked the boy away who grumbled angrily at the loss of contact. "I didn't mess up this time Rabby see, he's one of us!"

"Don't say that we don't even know who he is," the guy Rabby began glaring at me. 

What, what did I do? I became aware of how bizarre this situation was. Running into a group of Esper's is practically impossible. "Explain," he suddenly barked and Veer straightened. "I found him sleeping on the beach and brought him to Daisy to make him not remember but you saw the rest," Veer quickly shot the words out.

Rabby gave a curt nod then his head turned to me, "You explain."

What am I supposed to share my life story? "Explain what?" I asked quietly.

He tilted his head somewhat catching the glare of the sunlight I became aware of a small round silver earring.

 "Why you're here." 

I don't even know these people why should I say anything? "I got pulled over and was forced to do an SP test...as you can imagine I wasn't going to sit on my ass." I was in the mood to spill my troubles despite my lack of trust. 

"And then following the boy with wings, she attacked me which I'm still trying to understand how..." I glanced at the woman who twisted to rush away to the cabin. It was silent after my explanation, I couldn't help but feel awkward and tried making conversation back, "What about you?" I asked Rabby. 

"What about me?" He frowned. 

I rubbed my neck cringing because I hadn't taken a shower in probably days. "I don't know, um do you guys have like a group or something?" I bit my cheek watching as the man's face remained stone. 

Welp, I tried I guess I better just off myself then...

"Veer he's our guest make him comfortable here for now, I'll be back." The man didn't take a second glance as he turned causing a defying force to open up.

I only caught a glance because of how fast he was there and gone. It was like a portal swimming with the darkest of blacks. My hair stood on end, a little hand brought me back from my thoughts. He gripped my hand and grinned. "Let's go inside" he gestured to the cabin.

I reluctantly went inside being met with plants everywhere. It was like the actual garden was on the inside. 

"Do you want to watch tv?" Veer asked and Daisy came through the halls having changed into a summer dress hair still soaked. She grimaced at me, the unease of being unwelcome gripped my gut. It was a feeling I got often in certain homes I intruded upon. 

"Can I take a shower?" 

"Go down that hall and it'll be on the left," Daisy said.

I sat my bag on the tiled floor, releasing a long exhausted sigh. What is my life.

Showering felt so nice after so long that I couldn't help staying in the blasted heat for more than a couple minutes, probably an hour. Afterward, I changed into a fresh set of clothing, consisting of black joggers and a dark blue t-shirt. 

Muffled voices were exchanged down the hall, I began to feel anxious to even leave the confines of the bathroom. Confronting whatever was out there made my stomach painful. Taking a sharp intake I stood at the door, socks on my feet and duffle bag on my shoulder, hesitantly reaching for the handle to no avail to its opening. I couldn't do it. Convincing myself to open the door didn't work. There were strangers out there more than just three trying to listen there might have been maybe six individuals. 

What if they called the police? I admitted I was running from them and they're treating me nice now to betray me later. But then I thought of the portal thing, the boy with wings, and the lady who got in my head, all definitely Esper's.

A blunt knock made me flinch hard, I held my breath.

"You okay in there?" Trying to put a face to the voice made me recognize the person on the other side I hadn't met yet. 

"F-fine..." I paused realizing I wasn't ready to go out I quickly said, "...just give me ten minutes." I shuffled back slumping on the closed toilet and nervously pulling on my hair, I checked if the door was locked, and it was. Then I waited to hear the person walk away, but they didn't. 

"Can I come in?"

No, you most certainly can not! 

"I'll answer all your questions I promise I don't bite often."

Often?

Breathing out I probably had no choice but to let this person in, they didn't sound like they'd leave soon. Unwillingly I cracked the door open hugging the doorway to observe the other person.

He gasped, I jumped, shutting the door impulsively. Why did he do that!?

"Sorry sorry, you are just insanely handsome!"

A/N- Another update today cause why not.

my art of Rabby

my art of Rabby

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.