is

"The city Tether has had unusual amounts of rainy weather over the years. Meteorologists had not gone into detail nor suspected an Esper being the cause of the weather. A few days ago a long ongoing storm lasted four days and in that time an Esper was discovered inhabiting the city. Specialists believe it to be the cause of the rainy weather of Tether and other cities and with its disappearance, not one rainfall has appeared. This is all speculation, of course, the identity of the Esper will be revealed within 24 hours. More news on worldwide child abandonment encouragement of Esper childre-"

I turned off the news on Veer's iPad that he let me borrow while he played outside. Abandoning my city's news in the hopes candy crush will relieve my tension. Best to completely forget about my "old life" and move forward with my new one. I sighed curling up on the cabin's sofa. After being officially invited into this cult- community, I was advised to stay at Daisy's house while they took care of their very busy schedule. much to Daisy's distaste she also decided to go tend to her garden outside while I remained a hermit in this unfamiliar home.

The door slammed open suddenly and I almost threw the iPad across the room. The fuck. I gawked at Daisy who had frustration clawing her features, not a good look. "You..." Anger almost compelling her to fake strangle me she pointed out the window like a straight arrow. "You're making it rain again and a day hasn't even passed since you've been here! This is the second time today, what have you been doing?" She narrowed her eyes in suspicion and I quickly hid my candy crush.

I turned my eyes to the window seeing dark clouds rolling in the sky. I had become completely aware of how I can affect the weather with negative thoughts. Before I was too ignorant to notice my effect but as Daisy kindly pointed out I'm a huge pain in her ass.

She strode over while I pushed my body into the sofa, wanting to be consumed. "Give me that iPad. Now." My only source of entertainment was ripped from me, the sorrow made the sky roar.

Daisy gave me an incredulous look and I could only sheepishly look away. She sighs and then looked around wildly as if trying to see if a certain winged boy was around. She then leaned forward much to my discomfort but then whispered, "What's your favorite cake?"

I blinked the thought of cake seems to be the best idea right now. "Coconut red velvet cake."

She smirked the first real smile I got from her, "Then let's make it!" She clapped and with my superficial cooking knowledge and her enthusiasm combined, we searched for the ingredients she somehow had on hand off our heads. With my bright idea to look up a recipe.

"Do you cook often?" She laughed as the flour I didn't know how to handle powdered all over my clothes and face. I huffed flour puffing out of my nose, "Are you always this happy?" I asked in sarcasm. She clicked her tongue taking it personally, "I have you know your first impression wasn't very good."

"Ya well..." I zoomed in on the recipe with the iPad, fingers a sticky egg flour mess. "Yours wasn't very good either."

I could feel the roll of her eyes from my back but she said nothing. A silent agreement. When the batter was put into the oven we both got to cleaning the goop off our arms. "I'll get started on the coconut frosting," I watched her begin to whip it with technique. "What's your Esper ability?" I tentatively questioned not sure if it was an appropriate thing to ask.

She was still stirring, "I can manipulate memory with specific words which means I'm an ability Esper."

My eyes lit up, "Can you like see people's memories too?" The dried coconut was added to the mix, "I can I might have even seen your memory~" My smile faded as anxiety pumped my heart, I was about to nervously ask if that were true when she began laughing and my dread instantly turned into relief. "You look so serious! Don't tell me you murdered your dog and buried him in your grandma's yard! True story actually saw that in someone's memory. Of course, I haven't seen yours- I ask for consent now."

"Haha, that's good.." I quickly turned back to her, "Uh! Not the dog part- that's fucked up!"

She started laughing even more. I smiled at a loss as she bent over laughing but no laugh came out (one of those silent laughs) like a maniac. I don't even think I've ever dealt with someone who laughed so much. It was kind of relieving.

"Stop stop! I'm going to pee myself!" She schooled her expression to a serious one but then her face broke out into another wide grin when the fork I was cleaning slipped from my hand like what pencils do if you don't grip them right, and flung right into the frosting bowl. I gawked in shock and she just burst out giggling. Daisy ran out of the kitchen to the bathroom likely to relieve herself and maybe she would calm down a little. I smiled getting the fork out to unfortunately clean again.

"Hey, I forgot some vegetables I left outside. Make sure Veer doesn't somehow get his way into the frosting!" I nodded drying the dishes. Luckily no critter came to take the sitting frosting. I cleaned the iPad screen beginning to evaluate if the kitchen was tidied enough. But someone's figure caught my eye. I watched in shock as he dipped his finger into the frosting getting a good amount of it and licked it off.

Rabby turned eyes widening a little, "I was caught." I noticed a twinkle in his eyes, obvious amusement probably only acting surprised. He was about to dip his finger in again with me still frozen blatantly watching but I quickly took action to save my frosting. The bowl was in my hands being protected away from the thief.

Ironic we were worrying about the little brother discovering the treat when what we really should've been worried about was the older brother. Rabby frowned but didn't complain instead leaning on the counter seemingly relaxed. "This is for the cake, not your mouth," I almost laughed at myself for scolding him like that but was sort of used to it having taken care of several younger kids. Also a little worried that he just appeared out of thin air, that portal ability can be quite convenient.

Rabby shrugged, "It was just a taste test." I narrowed my eyes placing the bowl on a counter farther from him. "I came to talk," he said and I got a little nervous at that. "What about?"

"You." I got even tenser waiting with open ears.

"You manipulate water but you also control the weather possibly even lightning. You're an unknown Esper and a damn strong one at that. An average Esper can't control the skies and you appear to feel no fatigue or unrest from using your power. You're definitely an A rank with currently no limitations."

I blinked briefly wondering if I'm supposed to feel like crap when using my power but got to the main issue. "Well that's nice to know I guess, does that make me a leader? Aito mentioned that all A ranks are leaders or something."

"It indeed does, you have a role to protect but you also aren't bound by any rules of nature, therefore, making you dangerous so we have to watch over you for now."

Dangerous.

"I'm dangerous?"

"With your disappearance, your city Tether will likely become much drier, half of the country will. You realize rain travels you brought it to you like a magnet, it doesn't just appear. All the land the rain traveled to and from will now be different with you gone. So yes, you are dangerous."

Destructive enough to flood things, drown things, damage things, and change things.

I hadn't recognized my presence extended that far and did so much harm...

"You are a good thing though," I looked up stunned seeing him look away from me. "Humans will never see what good you've done for the environment, with you gone maybe they will discover we Esper's are a necessary existence for life on Earth." He said softly and I couldn't help but slip into my thoughts.

"What do you mean were necessar-"

"Someone's got the frosting in their mouth and not on the cake."

Confused I turned around seeing the bowl gone and a winged boy running off with a finger in the frosting. I instantly began sprinting after him forgetting everything but my precious coconut frosting.