15

Vanessa hated to see Gigi happy.

And lately, she couldn't help but notice how "radiant" the woman had become. It was obvious that she was getting over her grief but not only that. Gigi looked like she was experimenting really great stuffs in her life and Vanessa had a good idea of what one of those stuffs could be.

Or who.

She never failed to recognize a woman in love and Gigi, under her cold appearance, couldn't hide that she had a new man in her life.

It wasn't the fact that Gigi was in love that annoyed her the most. It was the thought that she could be attracted to someone as insignificant as her housekeeper after she'd been married to her brother. It made her shiver in disgust.

And that's why Vanessa bursted into Gigi's office that afternoon without even knocking. Gigi was busy reading a few files. In any other day, she'd have been absolutely pissed to be interrupted in such a manner by her sister-in-law but Gigi had been working on her tolerance. She simply put her file down on the desk and stared at the angry face of Vanessa.

"Are you fucking your housekeeper ?" She bluntly asked.

Gigi held Vanessa's glare for a few seconds without giving an answer. The woman put her hands flat over the desk and bent over the computer, trying to look intimidating.

"You are, aren't you? You can be honest with me. It's not the worse thing you've done so far, right ?"

Gigi's silence was exasperating her. Making her feel stupid.

"Why aren't you saying anything ? I'm asking you if you've become a whore for your housekeeper."

Vanessa was quick to take a step back when Gigi suddenly got up from her seat. She slowly walked around her desk so she could stand right in front of Vanessa who, somehow, felt too small compared to the calm and cold woman.

"What if I am ?" Gigi asked. "Who are you to question me ? Who are you to call me a whore, Vanessa ? I can smell the fear on you. You know not to mess with me, right? Don't get too bold. Sure, I've allowed you to bully me without a word lately but believe me, you better not test my limits. Don't fucking think that you hold any sort of power over me, alright?"

Vanessa chuckled.

"Are you sure about that? The boy you're getting so worked up for is an illegal immigrant, Gigi. And you hired him. That's quite some power I have here, don't you think?"

" Well, you're not the only person who can dig into other people's dirt. I'm sure I can find very interesting stories about you too if I try a bit."

"Meanwhile...Time is ticking for you. Who knows when I will decide to drop this bomb ? I could make the boy go with just one snap of my fingers, Gigi. I could make everything go away, even this company. You should be kissing my feet, right now."

"And what do you want from me, Vanessa?"

"Not much...I want what already belongs to me, in fact."

"And what is that ?"

"I want you to hand over to me all of Augustin's shares in this company."

Gigi let out a dry laugh, which only angered Vanessa more. Gigi would prefer to be run over by a truck instead of giving any kind of shares to Vanessa. It was already enough of a pain to have her around at the moment. She sure would not risk working with her for the rest of her life.

"I'm really sorry, Nessa ! I'm just not giving you shit. And please, let me correct you. Augustin shares don't belong to your family. They belong  to me and my son, get that in your head."