EPILOGUE

"Mom! Hakim!"

Thomas was back from a week-end stay at his grandparents. He made his way to the kitchen and was immediately pulled into the strong arms of Hakim who'd been waiting for him by the door. The boy laughed and returned the hug. Hakim's arm was still over his shoulders as he took him to the kitchen's counter.

"How was your week-end, buddy?"

"It was great. I helped grandma clean the library and we found many old pictures. And guess what? Dad looked just like me when he was young."

"You are the one who looks like him. Plus, your mom has been telling you ever since but you didn't want to believe it."

"Well, now I'm convinced. Can I have some of that?"

Thomas didn't wait for Hakim's approval. He walked to the bowl of freshly baked meat pies and grabbed one. His mouth watered just by the delicious smell. Those were his favorite, even if everything Hakim made tasted like heaven anyway.

The two of them stood next to each other. Hakim noted how Thomas seemed to have grown a few inches taller in just two days. As if he hadn't changed enough already. Thomas was no longer a little kid, he was now almost as tall as Hakim and he'd just turned sixteen. His many hours of basketball practice were highly effective, to say the least.

Hakim looked at him fondly

Hakim looked at him fondly. Sure, it was crazy to see how quickly Thomas was turning into a young man but at least, he was doing it right. He was happy and healthy and looking forward to the future. Thomas had also proved to have a level of maturity that was pretty uncommon for his age.

He made up with his grandparents despite everything that happened between them in the past and forgave his father for being absent and cheating on his mother. When Hakim asked him why he took those decisions, the boy had replied that life was too short to be spent resenting people and that he'd rather have a good relationship with his grandparents that were family to him, no matter what. Things were still a bit tense with his aunt Vanessa of course but nothing too dramatic.

Other than that, He'd spent a lot of time improving his social skills. He didn't have a ton of friends because he chose the people he was going to trust very carefully. Yet, it didn't stop him from getting along with everyone at school.

As for his love life...It still remained pretty much uneventful. Maxence had tried to get back with him but never succeeded. In the end, he had to leave for college, his relationship with Thomas forever lost. But the boy wasn't in a hurry to find someone. He believed that the right person would come to him at the right time.

"Where's mom, by the way?" He asked.

"She was..."

Just then, Gigi appeared at the door, arms folded behind her.

"Oh you're back." She told Thomas while walking into the kitchen.

"Glad to see that you missed me." The boy responded with a playful roll of his eyes.