One Night...

Amara
I don't know when i fell asleep, but when I woke up, he was in my arms. He was sleeping on top of me, hugging my frail body with his big hands, and my arms were hugging his head. I kissed his forehead, ran my fingers through his hair, and whispered: "For two years, I've been silent, and acting as your friend was killing me. You're all I have ever wanted, and I've been hopelessly in love with you. Good night, my angel."
I kissed his forehead again, then fell fast asleep.

Ken
It was a hard evening. Amara and I went out, had friendly fun, then she invited me to her hotel room. I told her to come to my house instead, and she agreed. I made coffee, our favorite drink, and we sat for a while in what I thought was a comfortable silence, but when I looked at her, she had tears in her eyes. Those tears will be the end of me one day.
- What's wrong?
- Nothing.
I inched closer to where she was sitting on the sofa and hugged her entire body.
- You're crying.
"Everything is wrong" I continued in my head.
- Happy tears. Two years ago, I wouldn't even dare dream of a day this perfect.
I hugged her tighter. She smelled of home. Without any thought, I started crying too. She immediately felt it. God, she knows me too well.
She looked up at me with her brown eyes, and without saying any word, she lowered my head and laid it comfortably on her shoulder.
- I'm sorry, Ken.
I wanted to laugh it off. I wanted to tell her that I was crying because I missed the broken-up past we both inhabited. In fact, I wanted to do anything but sit there crying in her arms, but that was all I could do.
She laid back on the sofa, and laid me on top of her so she could hug me tighter, and we stayed that way for an eternity.
I don't know when I fell asleep, but I woke up some time later to her kissing my forehead. Her lips were as soft as silk, and her body felt so warm underneath the blanket she must have layed over us after I had fallen asleep. It was a perfect moment, but what happened next terrified me. I heared her whisper: "For two years, I've been silent, and acting as your friend was killing me. You're all I have ever wanted, and I've been hopelessly in love with you. Good night, my angel."

Amara
I woke up to the smell of coffee, but I wasn't ready to get up yet; not that I had any saying in the matter, for Ken brought the mugs to the coffee table, then he hugged me and brought me to a seated position, then let go of me. Something about him felt strange today, as if he wasn't himself, maybe nervous even. What troubled me was that he never acted nervous. Maybe he had gotten a distressing call in the morning? But I don't remember hearing his phone ring. Anyway, I wasn't one to talk as soon as I woke up, so I grabbed my cup, and sipped in silence while looking out of the window. After a while, I noticed he was staring at me, so I stared back with what must have been an angry look, which prompted him to laugh. The fact that he laughed made me so angry that I threw a pillow at him. He laughed harder, and I was forced to speak.
- Dude, I just woke up. Why are you staring?
- Nothing. You just look cute so raggedy.
I believe I blushed, but I laughed it off. That was the first time in my life I had woken up with a smile.

Ken
I stayed up all night after what she had said, but didn't dare move a muscle so I wouldn't wake her up. She still loves me? How? Before she came for a vacation to Italy, the country in which I live, I hadn't seen her for about 10 years. Her parents wanted me to stop being friends with her, and she didn't want to defy them, so they traveled to Canada, and I ran off to Italy. We never disconnected from each other, and always kept a special bond tied between us, but our relationship would change profoundly two years ago.
I remember the day like it was yesterday. I had just gotten home from work, and was completely exhausted because a coworker had callen in sick and I had to fill in for her, but no matter how tired I was, I had to call Amara and check in on her. She was weirdly silent, like she had a lump in her throat that she didn't want me to hear.
- What's wrong, Amara?
- Nothing. What do you mean?
- There is something that you don't want to talk about, so what is it?
- I swear it's nothing. Just let it go.
- Aha. I knew I wasn't imagining things. Go on. You know you can tell me anything.
- No.
- Sorry?
- I can't tell you anything.
She said in an angry tone.
- Amara, what...
- I can't tell you I haven't been sleeping for days because you went out on a date with whatever her name was. I can't tell you that I hated you for it.
She started crying.
- I can't tell you I miss you more everyday. I can't tell you...
- Tell me what?
- I can't tell you I love you!
She shouted, then hung up. I tried calling her all night to no avail; she had turned off her phone. What could I say to that? Of course I loved her, but what could we do with that love when she was miles away? What would we do about her parents?
She called me the following day, apologizing and saying that she didn't mean it. She told me to forget about it, but how will I forget? After a month, she started asking me if I was going to start dating someone new. How could I tell her that I never went out on that first date because I couldn't stop thinking about her?
Before I knew it, it was morning, and I got up as quiet as I could to make coffee. I felt her stirring on the sofa as I finished pouring the mugs, but she didn't get up, so I hugged her for two reasons: to get her up, and so I would have an excuse to touch her again.
She sat in silence sipping coffee. She looked like a goddess with her hair so ragged and her eyes so puffy.
She looked at me angrily, which made me laugh. She was my ferocious kitten. She hit me so lightly with a pillow, then said:
- Dude, I just woke up. Why are you staring?
- Nothing. You just look cute so raggedy.
She blushed, and my heart melted.