Sick And Tired

Amara
In a moment, I forgot the past few months. I forgot how I waited by my phone for Ken to call, I forgot the sick days I spent alone in my room wishing he was there... I let go of all of that disappointment, and with it I let go of my better judgment, and left through my window to see him.

Ken
There was movement outside Amara's room. She must have climbed out of the window so no one could see her. She walked a few steps, then stopped. It was dark outside, so I couldn't see Amara's face, but I had memorized it so it's ok. I ran to her, with my feet ripping their way through the snow.

Amara
He really was here. How could he be here, below my window?

Ken
As I got closer to her, I could see the surprise in her face.
- I am here now, my angel, and after I get my new year's kiss, I'm taking you away.

Amara
I froze, both literally and figuratively. Ken was here. He was running towards me in slow motion. The snow flakes kept escaping from their white prison, leaving everything around me covered in glistening crystals, even slow-motion Ken. It was on a night like this that I fell seriously ill, wishing Ken was here. No point dwindling in the past, I'd say. As Ken became one meter away from me, I looked up at his beautiful face. His hair was wet, his eyes were ablaze; he was perfect. I stared at his lips as they parted for him to say:
- I am here now, my angel, and after I get my new year's kiss, I'm taking you away.
I got closer to Ken, inhaling his perfume. God, I missed him. My right hand found its way to where it belonged: on the back of his neck. My left hand rested gently on his chest. As my lips inched closer to his, and my right hand ran through his hair, almost without permission, I heard him sigh into the kiss. It was as if we'd both found our way home.