Thoughts And Dreams

Amara
All the memories that included Ken, but didn't include him invaded my brain like a parasite as he kissed my neck. I remembered the time I was out with a male collegue of mine. It happened almost a year ago. We went out as friends after work, but the guy was hitting on me; little did he know I wasn't even listening, because instead of seeing him, my mind showed me Ken, sitting in his place so nonchalantly.
- So, this is who you're trying to replace me with?
I knew it was just in my head, so I continued it in my head.
- You know no one can replace you.
- But still, here you sit with him, not me.
I looked deep into the image that my mind projected so truthfully before me. In my mind, I got closer to him, then started a heated argument with him, then got even closer, and laid my head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent. In my mind, I did a million things, while my colleague looked at me. I realized then that he had asked me something, and I snapped out of my beautiful fantasy.
- Excuse me?
- You know, for such a beautiful girl, you don't focus much.
- I'm sorry, but I have to go.
- Where? Your parents won't pick you up til 8.
Yes. My parents had control over my dating life, and they forced this horrible guy on me. Maybe he wasn't so horrible, but everyone was horrible to me compared to Ken. I tried to talk to my parents about him once, and it ended with my father yelling at me and my mother crying in the corner. How will their precious daughter marry a guy from a different religious background? That's outrageous! Horrendous! Preposterous!
I didn't dare oppose them. I could lose my entire family if I said I'd marry Ken. I wasn't ready to lose my sisters. I wasn't ready to lose my brother. So yeah, I think I might be a coward for not standing up for myself and the love of my life, but all those thoughts melted away under the pressure of Ken's passionate kisses.

Ken
Amara was scared, but I knew how to get her out of it. I started kissing her neck, then went down her collar bones, savoring the vibration of her pulse beneath my lips. I took my top off, and waited a full second before going back to kiss her lips.
About two years ago, she saw Ryan Gosling on screen for the first time, and from that moment onward, she wouldn't shut up about his "delicious abs". One week after that incident, I went to the gym, and started my abs workout. A year ago, I perfected my abs, but I wasn't one to share topless images of myself on social media, so she never knew.
She pushed me gently away, and looked at my abs and smiled.
- You have abs?!
- I did it for you.
She smiled again and pulled me closer to her again, kissing me more feverishly. By this point, I was intoxicated by her perfume, but I didn't mind, for if she was poison, I would happily die in her arms.