Reality Strikes

Ken
Amara's phone rang, and brought us back to reality. As she looked at the screen, her eyes seemed to widen in fear.
- That's my mom!
- So?
- I'm going to the balcony to take this. Please hide for the time being.
- Hide? Where?
- Just go to the living room.
I obliged, and sat in the living room in silence, trying to hear what Amara was saying to her mom. Unlucky for me, the door of the balcony was almost sound proof. After a couple of minutes, she came back in, her face drained. She went to her purse, took out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, then sat down with a grunt and took out a cigarette.
- Ok. So we have established that you're smoking now.
- Not really. I just keep a pack for emergencies, like whenever my parents decide to call me.
- So, almost daily?
- Pretty much.
- What happened?
- I don't want to talk about it, but I can't sleep after what just happened.
- Ok. Let's go out then.
She looked at me with what I can only call a puppy face.
- But you said we should sleep.
- The most important thing about schedules is that they are flexible. A slight change of plans won't ruin anything. Pizza?
Her eyes lit up.
- You know I never say no to pizza.

Amara
Of course, my parents had to ruin yet another perfect moment. They were monsters, after all, and they made it their petty live's mission to ruin mine. My mom wanted to see the "hotel room" I was currently at, so I told her room service was in, and that I was enjoying some Italian scenery while I waited, and that I would call her tomorrow. Ken didn't know I smoked. He doesn't know all of the scary coping mechanisms I've been using to escape my parents' disgusting grasp over me. Maybe he shouldn't know all of them. Maybe he'd run terrified if he saw my dark side. I shaked everything I was thinking, and puffed all my thoughts away. We made small talk for a while, then we decided to skip sleep and go for pizza. During the car ride to the pizza place, my brain was in auto-pilot mode; answering short answers, making small talk, and of course Ken noticed, he always does. He took a detour, and we ended up on a cliff.
- I can't bear seeing you like this.
I barely had the strength to move my head so I could meet his gaze.
- Amara, please.
I grabbed his hand, and even in this terrible state I was in, felt the butterflies. In a second, Ken's lips were mere inches from mine, and the way he was looking at me suggested something my mother would never approve of.

Ken
I wanted her to vent in any way possible, but she wouldn't, so I took her to the place in which I vent, but ended up with more than I bargained for. I tried talking to her, but she looked too drained to answer. Then, and out of a sudden, she grabbed my hand. I couldn't fight the urge anymore. I had to feel her whole body fit into mine.
I got closer to her, almost touching her lips with mine, with what must have been a very confusing look, for I was feeling a million things all at once; I was sad with her, I was happy she was with me, I was nervous about what comes next, and most importantly, I wanted her.

Amara
Ken suddenly moved away from me, and started driving again. I didn't have enough energy to discuss what had just happened, nor did I want to ask where he was taking us, so I stared out of the window in silence.

Ken
Our first kiss can't be in a car near a remote cliff. It had to be special. That's why my previous plans were back on track.

Amara
I could see us driving away from buildings. We werem't going somewhere downtown. The scenery was so beautiful and untouched by humans. I started to unwind, so I grabbed Ken's hand and kissed his knuckles lightly before starting the radio. He was the reason I'm better. He deserved a thank you I couldn't bring myself to say yet, but I was getting there.
The car stopped gently in an outdoor parking lot, and Ken practically ran to my door so he could opened it up for me, then grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the car. We walked in silence, still holding hands, and made it to a beautiful hill. I was only focusing on the fact that I was walking hand in hand with the man I love, so I missed the scenery, but when I looked up, I saw it.
The stars lit up the entire sky in an endless parade of infinity. The park we were at had the most beautiful aspects of untainted nature. This was shaping up to be a fantastic night; all thanks to Ken. I looked at him, and saw him staring at me.

Ken
Nature must have made her relax a bit. She kissed my hand, turned on the radio, so I knew my plan was working. I was going to take her to this magical park where the stars kiss the Earth every day. She was a huge fan of astrophysics, so I knew she'd enjoy being lost in a place like this, and I was right.
After a short walk with her hand in mine, she looked up and saw the stars. Her face lit up, her eyes were sparkling, the flame inside of her ignited. She looked like an angel.
A few seconds later, she looked at me and noticed that I was staring at her, so she stood between my arms and hugged me. I lifted her chin up so she could look at me, and brought my lips closer to hers.

Amara
The hulking, tall, handsome guy in front of me hugged me back, then made me look into his eyes, before inching his lips closer to mine. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but I was frozen by the surprise, so I closed my eyes, and waited for that blissful moment.