The Date

Amara
Ken told me to wear something casual and comfortable for the day, so we had to stop by the hotel so I can change. I wore a cute floral dress with pink Converse, then went down to the lobby. He was just sitting there, having a cup of coffee. He looked so perfect. His messy, sandy hair gently swaying as he bent down to pick up the cup made my heart skip a beat.
I sat on the chair next to his, and decided to mess with him.
- This seat taken?
He knew it was me without looking, then he looked at me, and his eyes widened.
- It was supposed to be reserved for a Mrs crancky pants with messy hair, but since you look so much better, I'll let it slide.
I punched him gently in the arm while smiling. He was a master of compliments mixed with teasing.

Ken
The drive from my house to the hotel was filled with music, and Amara's attempt at being the new Adele. Don't get me wrong, she had a nice voice, and she never sang out of tune, but she had some big shoes to fill.
I waited for her to get dressed in the lobby. The whole day was planned out, but when she sat on the chair near me, my mind went to static immediately. She looked perfect with that mini dress of hers. God, I love her so much.
I must have said something funny and mean for she punched my arm and smiled, but I have no idea what I had said. She was too pretty for me to focus.

Amara
He took me to the most beautiful place for brunch. It was a little pastry shop by a river. People walked along, smiling and laughing, singing their melodic language along the way. He told me to wait for a minute, then came back with the cutest straw hat.
- I thought it matched your style.
He put it over my head, and smoothed my hair. His hand lingered when it was near my face, then he stiffened up, and sat in his chair. We took a million pictures before we ate, and a million pictures after. After paying the bill, he grabbed my hand and walked me back to the car.
- I suggest we get some sleep.
- And why is that?
- Because we have what you can call a long night ahead.
- Ok, so take me back to the hotel.
- How about we go sleep at my place? We'll sleep on the bed this time, I swear.
He laughed, but it was a nervous laugh. The feeling I had in the morning returned: He was not his usual self, which is why I agreed to go to his place. Maybe he'd tell me what's wrong.

Ken
The only reason I asked her to go back to my place was that I wanted to sleep in her arms again. Those skinny arms that would envelope me whole. To my ultimate happiness, she agreed, so I kept her hand in mine, and walked her to the car. She commented about the fact that I opened the door for her. Was she never with a gentleman before? The thought made me boil inside. I shrugged it off, and took her to my place.

Amara
Oh, something was awkward all right. He opened doors for me, stumbled on his own two feet, he couldn't speak. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the bed. Maybe this way he would speak.

Ken
She could tell I was nervous, so she grabbed my hand, and took me to the only place I wanted to be in right now: A bed, with her.

Amara
He looked deep into my eyes I thought I would melt. I put my hand on his cheek.
- What's wrong, Ken?

Ken
I wanted to kiss her so bad, which is why I couldn't risk looking at her lips and stared into her eyes instead.
- What's wrong, Ken?
Her question pulled me from the abyss I was willingly falling in. I grabbed the hand that was on my face, and kissed her palm.

Amara
He kissed the palm of my hand, then looked into my eyes again while still holding my hand. Serenity flowed from his gentle eyes.
- Nothing.
I wanted to tell him I didn't believe him, but the words froze in my throat. If the world was on fire outside the walls of his room, I didn't care anymore.

Ken
My insides were on fire. I was so nervous. I bet she thought I was a mess, but for some reason, she didn't say anything. I told her nothing was wrong with me, and I knew she didn't believe me. I could see something else in her eyes though. Was it hope?