Reunion

Amara
Seconds felt like hours as I waited for this treacherous day to be over, but every time I looked at my phone, it felt like the damned clock spawned more time. Maybe it was collaborating with my parents to keep me away from Ken. Little did they know I'd move mountains just to be in his arms, so I waited, then waited some more, and when it was finally morning, I sent my mother a text so she'd see in when she wakes up.
"I'm at Camilla's. She's not feeling well. Won't be long."
Of course, I knew this text won't keep them from calling, nor would it stop the endless parade of video calls asking to see Camilla, but it would buy me sometime until I actually saw Camilla. I texted Camilla telling her to cover for me, then I got into my car, and went to the hotel Ken was staying at.

Ken
I texted Amara where I was staying and told the hotel staff that I was expecting guests in the morning, for I wouldn't trust my sleepy eyes to stay awake long enough. As expected, the moment I put my head on the pillow was the exact moment I fell asleep. I woke up to light tapping on the hotel door. I jumped straight up to open the door, only for it to be room service.
- Room service.
- I told reception yesterday that I didn't want to be disturbed.
- Sorry, sir.
- No, it's ok. Did anyone come and ask about me?
- Not that I know of, sir.
- It's ok. Thank you for your time.
I went straight back to my bed. Maybe I was mean to the cleaning lady, but I was on autopilot mode. So, I guess we established that my autopilot mode is mean. Minutes passed, or maybe hours, then I heard light tapping on the door again. I jumped back up, and answered the door. My most precious thought was just standing there, like she owns the place, but not bragging about it. She looked so cute in winter clothes, with a hat that almost covered her eyes. I wanted to kiss her, but I also wanted to be careful. I have a plan, and I wasn't about to risk anything regarding Amara anymore.

Amara
Ken opened the door for me. Messy hair, sleepy eyes, but most importantly: Shirtless. I believe I willingly kept my mouth shut so I wouldn't say anything stupid. He stood there, staring at me like he was scared that if he'd touch me, I'd break. I was on the verge of breaking, but only because he was away from me for so long. I walked in, and in his dazed state, he closed the door behind me, then walked stright to where I was standing, lifted me up, and crashed us both on the bed.
- It's very obvious that you hadn't slept. Get some rest. I'll get an alarm ready.
I closed my eyes, and quickly dozed off. Ken was hypnotizing like that.

Ken
I wanted Amara to sleep for a bit, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind one more hour of sleep myself. After all, I had an exhausting trip to get to her. I have to admit that I also had an ulterior motive. Back in Italy, I couldn't sleep because she was far away from me. Maybe in her arms, I'd make up for that lost time. If everything goes according to plan, I wouldn't have to worry about any of this anymore.

Amara
The first time I see the man I love, and we're just sleeping. One might be willing to judge us as "lame" or "stupid", but I guess it's what we've been missing. Maybe when we wake up, we'd realize that us being far from each other was a bad dream.