Chapter 3

Dying of complete and utter boredom, I check my phone's clock to see that it's only been an hour since Jungkook had left the comfort of his flat to go to work. My head slams back against the pillow gaining a sharp shooting pain down the sides of my head; a hiss of pain leaving my lips at the inconvenience and my fingertips massage my temples in an attempt to relieve the pain quicker.

Jungkook had left me a cold bottle of water and some pills to take for the pain. Other than that, he had left me to my own devices and without something to eat... My stomach decides to grumble to verify my hunger. Sighing heavily, it dawns on me that I don't know the layout of the flat very well where I am currently residing, but my hunger is much more important than worrying about getting lost while trying to find something in the kitchen.

Feeling undoubtedly heavy and sluggish, I pull my elephant-ton legs to sit up on the side of the bed that's trying to keep me from leaving it. The spinning of my head almost makes me crash back down across the bed and hope that I don't starve to death by the time Jungkook gets back. However, pushing through the dizzy spell, I am relieved when my head feels clearer before attempting to stand on my own two feet - it feels like I'm a toddler learning how to walk. Shaky and unbalanced, I stand on my own two feet and fight the second dizzy spell, I take one step at a time towards the door leading into the open spaced living room. Though my slow and unsteady steps make it feel like it will be 100 years before I even get to the door.

With one last step, I slump my side against the door to catch my breath back and to rest the aches that flood through my muscles. Every step felt like I was getting closer and closer to hell with the amount of pain I'm enduring. Nevertheless, on a deep breath out, I turn the doorknob and open the wooden panel, using it to keep myself upright, to glance down the hallway to the front door, noticing a missing pair of shoes and a coat, before turning to look down the other way nearly jumping out of my skin and having a heart attack.

A brown tall muscular-looking dog stands halfway down the hallway with its head cocked to the side in interest at me. With my hand on my chest, I gaze at the dog in awe from how puppy-like the dog's eyes are despite the sudden scare I just had.

"Hey buddy," I coo at the dog making its head cock to the other side, "I didn't know you were here."

The dog's mouth seemingly splits into a grin, allowing its tongue to loll out of its head before it trots over to me; its paws create a pitter-patter noise against the flooring of the hallway.

"Hey," I greet in a child-like voice while offering my hand for it to sniff, "what's your name?"

As if the Doberman pinscher is trying to answer me it barks a soft and low sound to which I giggle at.

"Are you hungry?" I continued my child-like voice to the dog, "I'm hungry too."

Without a moment's notice, the Doberman trots off back down the hallway from which it came and using the wall as my support, I follow the dog down the hallway at an agonizingly slow pace.

Each step earns a whimper or a hiss of pain to escape my slow, heavy and tired body. My muscles scream to try and get me to give up on food and go back to bed, but with being halfway down the hallway, there is no giving up now. Even if I did give up on food for myself, I wanted to make sure this delightful dog has something to eat while Jungkook is gone.

Ask Jungkook for the dog's name.

Taking a step to lean against the breakfast bar, I could hear the tip tap of the dog's paws against the laminate flooring while I was taking a short breather. Comically, the dog peeks half of its head around the breakfast bar as though it's offering a game of hide-and-seek. I couldn't help the grin slide across my lips.