Chapter 14

I had started on the ice cream long before Jimin had come back into his room. Having no idea what the conversation between Jimin and Jungkook was, Jimin didn't proceed to tell me either. A part of me felt confirmed that Jihan is still in Jungkook's room. Nevertheless, the evening continued as Jimin had planned, sharing ice cream and watching a movie.

Long into our second movie of the night, I felt myself succumbing to sleep and so I bided Jimin a goodnight and left whatever ice cream was left with Jimin after the credits of the movie started to roll across the TV screen. Thankfully, the corridor was silent and no one other than myself was there so I entered my hotel room with no disturbance from anybody.

Staff had allowed the dancers a lay-in the following morning before coming to get us at around 4 PM. Having already been washed and dressed, I was escorted to the venue via the minibus while they waited on Seojun and Mina. During the short bus trip, I tried reminding myself to be civil with Jungkook if he did initiate a conversation, but otherwise, just to remain to myself and get the job, that is required of me, done. 

Fortunately, the day went smoothly, right up till the show had finished. I did as I planned and kept to myself and rehearsed the choreography with Seojun and Mina alongside the American tour dancers. It turns out that most of the American tour dancers will be joining the afterparty later tonight. In fact, I'd gotten into a flowing conversation with one of the dancers, Chris, and he'd be at the party too. I was silently thankful that I'd be having someone to join rather than keeping myself in Jimin's shadow all the time.

Currently sitting at the dressing table of my hotel room, I was applying the last of my makeup when there was a knock on the door. Placing my makeup brush onto the surface of my table, I get up from the chair, pick the hem of my dress up so I don't stumble on the length with my clutch bag in my other hand and hurry over to my door to answer it. Seojun and Mina stand on the other side but their jaws slack in shock from my appearance.

"You look stunning!" Seojun exclaims excitedly only making me blush and mumble my appreciation.

I wasn't too dolled up. Just a simple low cut strap dress that went down as far as the floor, once I have my heels on, the end of the dress will just be hanging above the ground. The dress is glittered subtly and has a slit that runs up the right-hand side all the way to my mid-thigh; the back of the dress shows my freshly showered and perfumed skin. Seojun and Mina were also wearing simple party dresses, but the length of their dresses showed their tanned legs off until mid-thigh.

"Did you come to get me?" I giggle to which the girls nod.

"We thought you'd come with us," Mina replies.

"Sure," I answer, "give me a second."

Leaving the door open for myself, I turn away from them and grab the pair of heels that I had left just by the door so that I could slip them on. Already having my phone and keycard in my clutch bag, I leave my room and close the door behind me and proceed to follow Seojun and Mina down the corridor. They lose themselves in excitement for the party that I don't think they notice that I'm following quietly behind them constantly glancing down at myself to make sure that I look okay, and I do this until we get to the elevator at the other end of the corridor.

Mina calls for the lift and I stand nervously waiting with them. They continue their conversation and I learn from it that everyone is already downstairs, BTS included. Nerves kick up when I realize that we will be walking into the dining area, which had been rented out just for the party, full of people and my anxiety rises knowing that all eyes will be on us when we enter. Even when we enter the elevator, I continue to hide behind Seojun and Mina so that maybe I can slip past everyone's sight and get to the bar so that I can calm my nerves with a drink.