Chapter 13

Jimin

The gentle sound of the door closing behind me gets followed by silence before I turn to head back to my room. Although, I stop in my tracks when I see Jungkook standing just outside his hotel room door with an iced Americano in one hand and the door handle to his room in the other; his eyes are directed and frozen on me.

"They arrived?" He asks to which I nod once in response.

Without another word spoken, I shift my gaze to the carpet before beginning the short walk over to my door. However, I notice that Jungkook hasn't moved and with a quick glance at him, I see how his face frowns while looking at the door that (Your name) is behind.

"How is she?" He asks quietly without tearing his gaze from the door.

"She looks tired, but she seems happy that she came along," I respond back matching the volume of his voice.

"Did you tell her?" He continues to keep his voice low but his eyes have shifted onto my own.

I simply shake my head.

"I'm going to have dinner with her in about an hour if you want to join us," I add, "it could get you two to start talking again."

"I've already eaten," he mumbles, "I'll try and have a conversation with her tomorrow."

There's a beat of silence while I nod my head.

"Just so you know," I begin which catches his attention away from his hotel room door, "she's just as scared to talk to you as much as you are to her."

Relief washes over his face for a brief moment before the sound of a door opening could be heard behind me. Panic quickly replaces the relief on Jungkook's face before he's diving into his room and shutting the door behind him.

"Jimin?" (Your name) asks for my attention which I give her after a subtle shake of my head from the action Jungkook had just done, "do you know what time Jungkook will be back tonight?"

Even though I just saw him dive into his room like a mad man, I shake my head to cover his tracks for him. This is something for them to sort out between themselves, and I'm already covering for both of them as much as it is.

"Probably in about twenty minutes, why?" I ask loud enough so that Jungkook could hear me through his door.

I've known him long enough to know he's got his ear pressed up against his door right now.

"Do you think if I offered him food he'll take it as a peace offering?" She questions but it feels like it's more to herself, "I can't cook anything for him so I'm just going to have to make do with the food downstairs, aren't I?"

Stifling a chuckle, I smile before answering her, "Twinkies."

"What?" She quips confused.

"You know the snack?" I ask only for her to take a second to remember what I'm talking about before she nods, "get him a box of Twinkies and he'll be putty in your hands."

There is a soft thud against Jungkook's hotel room door and I know that's him telling me to shut up; I have to bite my lip to prevent a grin from forming on my lips. (Your name)'s attention wavers from me for a second to glance at Jungkook's hotel room door, her brows furrowed in confusion before she's turning her gaze back to me.

"Okay, thank you," she chimes before reentering her hotel room and closing the door softly behind her.

Not a beat later, Jungkook's door opens and he pokes his head out to glance down the corridor before looking at me with a playful glare.