Chapter 16

Stepping out of the shower first, Jungkook grabs us each a towel to which I make a dress out of around my wet skin while he wraps his towel around his waist. Another three knocks sound over my door before I am too stepping out of the shower.

"It's better if you answer it," Jungkook says quietly, "it could be staff."

I simply nod while stepping past him only to have my left butt cheek slapped again making a quiet gasp leave my lips and to turn to him while continuing to the door of the bathroom. Jungkook throws me a wink while smirking making me blush as I am opening the bathroom door, pulling it to leave a small gap behind me and then going over to the main door of my hotel room.

My mind races with who could be at my door, but when I open the door, it's a woman around my height that I've never seen before.

"Hello," she beams at me to which I feel obligated to respond to her smile with my own.

"Hi," I reply back just as happily, "I'm sorry, I just got out of the shower."

She smiles widely while shaking her head, "don't worry about that."

Wow, she has a good aura about her.

"I was just wondering, are you a dancer for the PTD tour?" She asks curiously to which I nod as a response, "ah good."

Turning her head to look down the corridor of the seventh floor, her eyes glance from door to door sitting in the silence-filled hallway before turning her attention back to me.

"I'm looking for Jungkook," she says but there's something about her tone that makes my defence go up like a ball of flames.

Even though her demeanour radiates a happy-go-lucky person, there is something about that tone she uses to say otherwise. Like she's subtly showing off that she knows Jungkook personally and that I should watch myself around her.

"Oh," I say quietly, "I haven't seen him."

"Ah damn," she mumbles under her breath before glimpsing down the corridor again, "well, if you do see him, can you tell him that Jihan came looking for him?"

What, the actual, fuck?

"Sure," I continue to be quiet.

"I'm his girlfriend by the way," she states before bidding me goodbye with a subtle bitter tone before striding away from my door down the corridor.

I'm left to stand at my door in shock, staring at the space her head was just in before mindlessly stepping back and closing the door. The moment the lock of the door clicks, the bathroom door swings open and Jungkook is staring at me like I am staring at him - in shock.

Opening my mouth to say something, I see the look of panic wash across his face before he interrupts me.

"She's not my girlfriend," he rushes.

Scoffing, I turn away from the door and walk over to the side of the bed to plonk myself down on it, Jungkook watches me as I do.

"I know she's not," I sigh heavily, "I remember what Jimin told me."

Without a word, Jungkook storms over to his pants from the open doorway of the en suite. Snatching his pants up from the floor and rummage them around until he finds his phone in his pocket and digs it out before clicking the power button.

Watching his eyebrows crease together, he flicks his thumb over the touchscreen before cocking his head to the side.

"The fuck?" he mumbles under his breath, "she didn't text me, and I certainly know I didn't tell her I was coming to America."