Chapter 16

So Does The Duke, After All 

———

As he followed her with his eyes as she moved, he suddenly tilted his head.

"Eve?"

"......."

Evelyn faced Islay with her eyes squinted.

"I never expected the Duke to visit my coffee house."

Despite the pointed tone, there was not a single shadow on Islay's beaming smile.

Rather, he answered Evelyn with a lovely face.

"That's it, there might be someone who's been acting up to you."

"......."

The eyes of Islay who said that were clear, as if to claim, 'I'm just purely worried about Evelyn'.

Evelyn narrowed her brows unconsciously.

When Islay has that look on his face, it's hard to know what the hell to protest against him.

At that time, Islay kindly asked the question.

"More than that, have you had any inconveniences lately?"

"An inconvenience?"

"Yes, if someone bothers you or walks around the coffee house......."

But unlike the soft voice, there was a strange life in the black eyes.

"If there's anyone who puts a finger on Eve.......'

Such a man should be quietly dragged away without making a fuss, and buried in the yard without being seen.

Hiding his innermost thoughts, Islay hid his gruesome energy behind his smile.

Meanwhile, Evelyn, who had no inkling of Islay's bloody heart, replied with a straight line that sounded rather cold.

"None."

"Is that right? That's a relief."

In Islay's refreshing answer, Evelyn glared at him with a stunning face.

"You have to do that, right? The Duke is here every time."

Recently, Islay's visit to this coffee house has become almost routine.