The Sleepover

"Now what?" Itsuki asked

After the call I had with their dad, Itsuki and I were still continuing our conversation.

"Clearly we have to start trying or I'm done for," I replied.

The stakes were high but I proceeded forward.

"Are you willing to join our study group sessions from now on?" I asked

"Huh? Wouldn't I just hold you guys back?"

"Actually I'll say that your ahead of Yotsuba, so you'll fit right in,"

"Well fine. If it's okay then I will."

That makes 4 out of the 5 sisters working with me. All I have to do is somehow convince Nino to join and things may go easier. If only it was that easy.

*

"I got married! Wedding gift please!" Yotsuba yelled.

Right now all of us except Nino are playing a board game in the Nakano residence.

I look down at my hands to see how completely broke I am, holding only 50 dollars in cash. I feel like we're just wasting time at this point.

"Shouldn't we get back to studying," I said.

"But we studied lots today, let's take a break." Ichika said.

"Yea, my brain is fried." Yotsuba cried.

It's true that information overload will be bad for them and will reduce their decision making, which would be bad if they take a test.

"You seem more impatient than usual...are we that close to drop out?" Miku asked

"Uh..."

I can't tell them about their situation or mine, that would cause their stress levels to increase.

Ichika saw how I was struggling to whether I explain or not, so she spoke up.

"In that case I got a suggestion," she said

"Ah!"

I turn around to see Nino walking up to us.

"What's this? Playing around instead of studying?" Nino asked.

"We're just taking a break," I said.

"Let me join, switch with me,"

"Hey."

Nino shoved me out of the way so she could take my spot. I had to hide my frustration because if she finds out about my dilemma then it's over.

"Why are even still here? Didn't todays study session finish already? Go home. Go home" Nino said while pushing me.

"Wait. Stop." I pleaded.

"Kiyotaka, what are you doing? That's not what we agreed on. You said you'd stay over and teach us, didn't you." Ichika said.

"Huhhhhh!"

*

After Ichika's outrageous statement, I decided that I should stay over. We could make some progress tonight.

Ichika told me to go take a bath in their shower, I accepted her generosity since I'm sleeping over anyways.

I took longer than usual because I was uncomfortable using the same bathtub as the Quints. As I was leaving the bathroom I could hear the end of a conversation between the sisters.

"It's such a rare occasion for him to to stay at our place, you should take advantage of this chance, you know." Ichika said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Miku said