The Visit

• SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ANY OF THE CLASSROOM OF THE ELITE LIGHT NOVELS.

The day after the midterms I was at the Library with Miku. It was as peaceful as always until we heard shouting coming ever so close to us.

"Ayanokouji! It's almost time for the field trip!" Yotsuba yelled.

It seemed that Yotsuba was very excited to tell us about trip since she's already out of breath by the time she got to us.

"It doesn't look like I'll enjoy most of it because I'm now the executive committee for the test of courage we're doing."

"You mean for the Field Trip? Wow, that's rare of you to be so sociable Ayanokouji."

I know I'm not that outgoing but that kinda hurt.

"Well I'm not doing it because I want to. Apparently my class was in charge of it, so they forced the troublesome role onto me while I wasn't paying attention."

"My condolences."

I don't know anything about a test of courage. Do people really like getting scared for fun?

I've never been in a field trip before either, so I'm not so desperate to go.

"Maybe I should just stay? I don't really care about the trip itself." I said

"What? Then let me tell you guys a story that will get you excited for the trip."

Yotsuba sounded really passionate about this. It sounded like she was about to tell us about a fairy tale.

"I heard from a friend that there is a legend associated with the field trip. It said you'll be fated for love to the partner you dance with at the bonfire on the last day."

"Fated for love? Sounds skeptical."

"What!?"

"I don't know much about high school romance but don't they usually end in breakups?"

"But even so, don't you want to date the person you liked?"

I guess.

"Why do people go out with the person they like?" Miku said.

"Huh?"

Miku was listening quietly to our conversation until she suddenly spoke out.

"Hmm? I wonder?" Ichika said while suddenly arriving at our table.

"Well, it's because they like the person so much that they can't bear it. You sort of get how that fells don't you, Miku?"

"No, I don't."

I felt bad for Miku because she was getting teased, so I decide to switch the conversation.

"Ichika. You look like your leaving, are you going somewhere?"

"Actually Yea. We're filming today, so I have to go. Sorry for making you feel lonely."

"I never said I was lonely."

Ding!

"Uh Oh..."

Ichika's phone had received a message. It didn't look like she enjoyed the context at all.

"Looks like someone wants to meet with me. I can't right now though. Miku, can you do the usual?"

"Sure. I have to get change."

Get changed?

*

After the study session we all decide to go home separate.