Chapter 4 - Day 2

(Edited)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chiaki

Nice weather.

That's what I thought first thing in the morning.

Right after I tidied the bed, I changed my pajama into my usual clothes. A T-shirt and trousers. I remembered on how Ei always told me that I look beautiful like a Princess and my sense of fashion is nice but since I have this tomboyish character, I don't pay much attention with my clothing. Maybe because I always surrounded by men. Even so, I was quiet popular though, but I don't really care about it. Most of them were looking at the outside not the inside.

After I changed my clothes, I go to the kitchen to make some breakfast for these troublesome brothers. I don't really like them but making them some breakfast won't hurt.

As I got to the Kitchen and open the door, Ruki-kun is already there and cooking something. He realizes my presence and turn around to see me.

"Hm? You wake up already?"

"Yeah. Um, let me help with that," I say and walk towards him. "What are you going to make?" I ask.

"Omelette and sausage," he answers. I was thinking to make those yesterday after Kou-kun wanted the pasta. So, they are not mind with this menu? I want to kick their asses just by remembering yesterday's event.

"Okay then. I'll make the omelette, Ruki-kun make the sausage," I say and grab some eggs and ready to make them. Not until I realize the man beside me just watching me. I looked at him and he's still staring at me. "What's wrong? If you're not going to make it, just wait in the dining room." Yet again, I receive another silent. What's wrong with him?

"Um, Ruki-kun? If you keep staring at me without saying anything, I feel like I was talking to the wall."

"Oh, sorry about that. It's just... I don't expect you to help me after what happened yesterday," he replies.

Well, of course you guys pisses me off. But that doesn't mean that I will abandon you. Now I began to understand about what happened to them in the past. Something occurred and it caused them unable to trust people.

"Well, I'm quite understand on why you guys doesn't want to accept me. You don't trust anyone besides your brothers. My best friend also doesn't trust people and same as you guys, he doesn't want me at first. But, I sense his loneliness and it made me unable to leave him. I just...can't. So, we are still close until now and I considered him as the part of my family. More like a father because he is very protective of me and always setting up rules." Yep, that's what I thought about Jin.

It is no wonder for a Demon like him to not trust a human like myself. They thought of us so lowly and easy to be fooled. But, even though he is a Demon, I couldn't bring myself to hate him. Instead, I felt his loneliness and want him to be closer with me and that's what he do in the end.

"But, I understand he is doing it because he's worry about me." Since he promised to me that he won't betray and leave me behind, he always be besides me.

"Hmph," Ruki-kun smirks.

"Eh? Wh-Why are you smirking? Did I say something funny?"

"No. Now I began to understand on why Kaito sent you to us," he says.

"And what is that?"

"You have a strong empathy. I haven't told you my past and neither of my brothers' but somehow, you understand us. It's like you're feeling ours," he explains. That is the first for someone to say that to me. But that is not the reason.