Chapter 14 - Blooming

(Edited)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chiaki

It's night already. I was trying to sleep even to switch every position but it's useless. I can't sleep. Not even the cocoa can help me. Maybe since these past few days I was having the same dream and it just scared me to sleep.

A dream about the past.

About him.

The man I consider as a family. Very important. So precious. The man that I...

No.

I don't want to think about it. 

I guess I need to go to kitchen to make something so I can sleep. When I arrived, I open the cupboard and I saw pasta and cooking cream. I open the freeze and found frozen meat.

Pasta.

Cooking cream.

Meat.

I can make some pasta, maybe Carbonara.

While I'm in the middle of cooking, someone just enter the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

"Reiji-kun. Um, I can't sleep so I'm thinking to make something," I answer.

"What are you going to make? Pasta?"

"Yes. A Carbonara."

"Carbonara? That is not how to make a Carbonara. Here, let me show you." Reiji-kun immediately takes over. He's helping me on how to make it. His cooking skill is amazing. How his hands works. How the cut the meat perfectly. The speed. Everything. No wonder he is so full of himself regarding cooking.

"Here you go," he serves the pasta. It smells really nice. Very different with the one that I usually made. I took a bite from it and as expected, it's really good. But it tastes quiet different with the other foods he made. Oh, is it because...

"Um, Reiji-kun?"

"What is it?"

"Is Carbonara your favorite food?"

"What is the meaning of that question?"

"I'm just curious. The taste is different with the other foods you made so I thought maybe Carbonara is your favorite. Usually people will made something different with their favorite one," I say.

"That's right. Is that a problem?" he asks rather irritates.

"Oh, no. Not at all. No wonder it's delicious." I grab another. I can't stop eating it. It's too good. I can't believe a pasta can be this delicious.

"What about you? Do you have any favorite food?" he asks with the same question.

"Me? Let's see... I love Sea Bass en Croute. I also like eggs, like omelette rice and...chocolates. I like making desserts using chocolates, like chocolate lava cake," I told him happily.

"Hmph. Just like kids," he mocks. I want to say you were the one who asked me but I guess I don't do that. I don't want to receive something bad from him. But...

"I don't care. The important thing is that I like it. It's no use of hiding it. Better if we show our real self rather than faking it," I say. That's right. That's what I always do. Although sometimes I can't exactly do it, especially when I felt quiet down about something.

"You sure are no ordinary woman. Interesting," Reiji-kun states. I don't give any comment to him as I continue eating while I can sense his eyes on me. He's watching me. Now I feel so nervous. Rather awkward. I can't handle this. I need to come with something.