꧁Chapter 1꧂

Playing: Tchaikovsky- Swan Lake

He held the door open and beaconed her to enter his humble bakery in which she obliged. There was no customers due to the fact that majority of the people just had their breakfast at this time of the day but in spite such reason, he wanted to find a reason to hang out with her, after all he admires her and it would be a shame to let this opportunity slip off of his hands.

"This is yours?" The girl asked confusion lacing her soft voice.

"Ah yeah, My mum and father had just given me the responsibility of taking over our bakery quite recently. Must be the reason why you're not familiar with me." He answered with a chuckle while rummaging through the shop. He is rather bright in nature as the gal is. But one thing women would seek if they are to choose who to marry is fortune and good lineage. One of the many reasons why women are dolling themselves and flocking over the presence of a nobleman much like how vultures would flock on a carcass, a rather odd comparison if you may ask.

Judy is certainly the diamond of the season. She had always been pursued by men of different classes with different things to boast about. Several of her suitors are noble mans who owned vast expanses of lands at the country and ginormous mansions a pair of feet would be exhausted of roaming around. But Judy knew better than to pursue wealth and he's slowly realizing it as he converse with her throughout her stay at the bakery. She was having much fun with him in this space they've shared for some time trying to acquaint each other with utmost success.

"You are a gentleman aren't you Mr. Terry?" She asked which she meant in a complementary way.

"That is quite flattering of you Miss Judy. Well, my father raised me to be one. Also, in this nation women is to be treated with utmost respect which I'm not really opposed to." He smiled as he rested his chin on his hands.

"I'm still really baffled as to why feminism is being highly implemented in this nation. Sure, men and women have equal rights in several things but not on pursuing jobs. It is certainly harder for lads to seek for a job after they graduate even from a prestigious university as they are not to find a job in this country thus moving out to settle elsewhere. I certainly do hope as the Queen's reign halt, so does this nonsense because her fixation over it is certainly not doing any good to the country nor the people. " She blurted out frustration lacing her voice and prevailing her features.

"Let's hope our Princess Julia isn't brainwashed by the false ideology of that harridan of a mother of her's shall we?" He asked with a grin before the door opened revealing the first costumer in a while. It was Sam, a good friend of his who sells Tulips by the Flora lane. Probably taking a break after a long day of merchandising his sister's fresh produce. Terry stood up to greet the lad who was occupying himself by picking up Horse bread from the basket.

"Can't you eat something more lavish than a horse bread as your afternoon snack, Sam?" Terry asked the lad who handed him three pieces to place it on a paper bag.

"I'm afraid I cannot, Terry. My sister needs the fortune I earn here for a better life and I am displeased to admit that I have bungled my duties as her brother. I shall work and save harder." He answered whilst grabbing the paper bag and bidding the lad as well as the gal a goodbye. After that, many customers started pouring in due to the sudden spike of demands for bread as afternoon snacks is at its utmost delightful after a busy day. Judy bid her farewells to Terry who was occupied with accommodating the costumers with their orders and pledged to come to him tomorrow to further acquaint themselves with each other. Clearly the gentleman has enthralled her.

_____________________

She was rather delighted by the feast she had this morning thus consuming more than what's habitual of her. She and her parents had discussed several things and one is her becoming a debutante. It appears that she will not disappoint her parents and bring shame upon her Family's name as her older sister had done before or will she? She is rather fond of playing her role and playing it with such proficiency. She was so full and so she decided to take some stroll to visit her beloved pet locked up on its cage situated in the Royal Garden. A peacock going by the name of Pavona which literally translates to Peacock in Italian has caught her big doe eyes as she was sauntering towards the cage. She did the unthinkable yet again and pulled out the set of keys from the gap between her corset and her waist this time around. She did not need more compression of her waist as it is adequately small and so she decided to store the keys in there because she believed it felt slightly uncomfortable to store it on her chest as if storing it on her could feel any better. She grabbed a key with an Amethyst embedded on its bow and unbolted the cage. The bird flew out of the cage right at the moment past her and immediately exhibited his ever so glamorous set of feathers on his tail and rattled it to attract potential mates. With his effort acknowledged, she is afraid however that his exertion of effort would be futile as she is yet to purchase a mate for him. A dazzling white peafowl perhaps. She bought him when she saw a picture of one when reading books about birds inside the Royal Library and so she purchased one herself straight from India without as much as planning. She has tried several times to buy a Peafowl but all of it were put to waste as the one's she requested were not resilient enough to live throughout the journey from India to Azalea as it is quite a distance to cover.