꧁Chapter 16꧂

Playing: Grandes études de Paganini, No.6, Quasi Presto a capriccio. "Themes and Variations."

Under the heat of the sunlight, fond gestures are exchanged while the folks that dotted the venue was ever so joyful as they converse with each other. Some comes with good news, some are exchanging compliments whether it'd be sincere and genuine or undisclosed lies and some bringing the ever so potent scandals with them while others just has things to brag about. Some princesses are seen sitting down under the shade of the tents as they sipped on their tea with their own teas being exchanged after every sip. Princes are seen playing golf and whatever sport is applicable in such an event whilst some are just strolling across the scene, taking in what nature has to offer to them.

One particular lad who happens to also be one of the two highlights of the event was enjoying himself way too much near the pantry of food that was displayed for them to consume. He loves bread so dearly that he can't miss the opportunity to munch on different varieties of such that his face was dotted with bread crumbs and fillings that stuck on it. Whilst he was occupied by the leisure of eating, his fiancé however was at her wit's end. Chastising him endlessly as she held a handkerchief, wiping off the mess he made on his face as she 'attempts' to halt him from consuming all the bread that laid on the table, afraid that there'd be nothing more for others to consume later.

"Would you stop eating as if you haven't eaten in a millennia? You are seriously humiliating me right now." She whisper-yelled, standing on her tippy toes as she reached for his ears whilst eyeing the numerous pairs of eyes that stared at them.

"How do you expect me to stop? Bread is literally the best thing in the world! Am I right Terry?" He queried the lad in front of him whilst his cheeks appeared swollen as he continued to stuff bread onto his mouth while he speaks. Terry only nodded as he chuckled at the Prince's antics. At first sight, he never would've thought that the Prince who screamed power, authority and cold-heartedness actually has the capability to have his demeanor do a 180. He presumed it was because of two reasons, one being his fiancé and second being bread. He was even startled at first when he saw the freshly dressed Prince dash towards his direction with his hair still dampened by the lake's water.

"I never regretted hiring you, Mr. Terry! I always knew you'd be the baker who has the capability of satisfying my picky palates! My nose certainly never betrays me!" He complimented as he kept chewing. Julia beside him however heaved a sigh of defeat as she turned to look away from the sight of sore eyes that continues to unfold beside her. Where did the intimidating Prince Steve go when she needed him the most?

Irked by the thoughts that ran through her mind, she clicked her tongue and walked out of the scene, trying to suppress the groan she has been keeping inside her. Steve noticed this and put down the food that rested on the palm of his hands, guilt was now beginning to eat him up. This was the first time Princess Julia truly became mad at him and although he doesn't have the faintest clue as to why she was trying to halt him from eating aside from what she stated earlier about her being humiliated but whatever the reason may be, she is in need of pacifying.

He decided to make a sprint for it and pursue his sulking partner. For him, it was a shallow reason to be upset but what he doesn't realize was that she was in her period and in addition to that, she basically has him in a tight-leash. With his towering height, he managed to catch up to the lass pretty swiftly as he grabbed one of her wrist, careful to put gentle pressure into it enough to secure her under his grip. The lass turned to his direction and shot him a death glare in a nanosecond, effectively making him shiver under her gaze and presence.

"Look, I am terribly sorry for being so stubborn. I-I can't find the words to stress this enough....I am just so sorry." He apologized, his eyelashes were trembling as his body continues to shiver under her hostile presence. It was at the very least, unbearable. But he has to bear it if he strives to earn her forgiveness.