꧁Chapter 12꧂

Playing: Beethoven: Symphony No.6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"

"No, Daniel. I can't do this, I can't do any of this." She muttered as she strode across the place she was hiding in from the start of the event, lashes trembling. Daniel was searching for her presence earlier at the event yet his hopes were dashed when he saw not a shadow nor a silhouette of her at the venue. He decided to look for her throughout the entire place and found her overlooking the view of the capital at one of the Castle Towers.

"You can, Lucy." He persuaded, grabbing both her hands and interlocking them together with his, effectively sending his warmth unto it and calming her wracking nerves in the process.

"Trust me with this, Okay? Trust yourself, trust us." He pleaded, cupping her face as he intently stared at her eyes that potrayed pure anxiousness and doubt. With a ponder, she briefly looked down their intertwined hands and nodded slightly, heaving a sigh she wasn't aware she was holding in.

With a considerable amount of time used for affirmation, they both went down the spiral staircase and through the corridors towards the venue as she heaved a nervous sigh, standing behind the door that separated them from the piercing gaze of the countless royalties that dotted the place, some will certainly be displeased over the fact that their most admirable, most desirable Prince has fallen in love with a mere peasant. She too loathed the idea, if only their differences in class and status weren't in the way then falling in love with each other could've been a whole lot easier for the both of them. If he was not born with a silver spoon and unbearable pressure behind his back and only if she wasn't working her witts off the flower field that kept her from being starved, they could've been free to pursue what their hearts had always yearned to follow.

As the door made a creaking sound, all the attention that were scattered throughout the place were diverted to them in a nanosecond. It was like the time had stopped as everyone halted on their tracks to scrutinize both of them as if they were specimens under a microscope. As they took long strides through the room, the pair of eyes from everyone never seemed to leave their being as it followed them like a tail.

Lucy could've sworn she'd faint over the unbearably heavy atmosphere right then and there. She wanted to close her eyes shut as to prevent herself from catching the piercing-screw that, stabbing gaze from the princesses that were lusting over Prince Daniel for who knows how long. Of course, who wouldn't be drooling over him? Not to mention the other two brothers of his also? In the royalty world they are the brothers. Not only is their country one of the most progressive out there, the three of them Daniel, Steve & Ben possesses the looks to die for and to see not one but two of them having their respective partners tonight, a Princess will certainly shriek in pain over such thing.

It probably explains why a hefty number of Princesses were swarming over Ben, because he is the only one out of the three whom they presumed to be unoccupied and available. Ben wouldn't be able to breathe if it wasn't for Prince Sunghoon's presence who managed to also pull quite a number of young ladies with his. And with his older brother and his future sister-in-law's presence, the suffocating feeling he was enduring for not a soul knows how long had halted, which caused him to want to shout an uncountable amount of words of gratitude for the two that suffered from all the looks everyone was giving them, and Lucy had suffered the worst.

Yet contrary to what she was feeling inside, she appeared rather unfazed over the attention she pulled towards her like a magnet. Despite the evident bump on her belly poking out of the fabric, she was flawless and dazzling, gracefully sauntering towards the front like she was born to walk through that isle. She needed to appear unbothered and intimidating if she strives to survive this brutal society. She does not want to be a pushover whom someone could just harass because of her social status and class, she wanted to be someone worthy of the title as the Queen of Larkspur she is destined to be someday. With her head held high and her posture at its most desirable, she continued striding towards the front with Daniel by her side glancing at her in admiration.