꧁Chapter 18꧂

Playing: Giuseppe Vedri- Dies Irae

He was trembling, crouching down outside her hospital room. He gripped his hair harshly brought by the frustration and anxiousness that was bubbling inside him. His eyes were bloodshot and his face had a hue of red on it. To put it simply, he was very miserable. Never in his life did he think of possibly losing her and now the unexpected had happened, he was at a breaking point and as irrelevant as this information may be given the situation, she wasn't his to lose, at least not yet.

Upon hearing the news, the whole commoner's district was beyond shocked of this. Judy had a very amicable personality as she would often help out people who were in need just like how her Grandmother used to live back in her days. None of them could ever think of someone hating her to the point of actually doing an unforgivable deed such as plotting for her death and poisoning her. As everyone was gossiping about what had happened to Judy, it was no surprise that Sam also caught the news of the unfortunate occurrence. At first he didn't believe it, seeing the smile from everyone's faces whenever they watch Judy dance at the town square every weekends. who exactly is the culprit? what was the motive?

As these thoughts continued to spiral his head, Sam made his way through the corridors of the hospital, acquiring the information from the Receptionists that Judy has been placed in room 223-04, just at the second floor of the said establishment. When he arrived at the second floor,  His eyes roamed across the corridor to see Terry crouching down just outside the room's door, weeping. He rushed to him and crouched down his level, rubbing Terry's back in an attempt to ease the torment he possibly had been feeling ever since this all happened several hours ago.

Terry looked up to meet his eyes and Sam could've sworn he felt a sudden pang in his heart. The pain and worry in his eyes were evident and his entire face was no better. Tears were cascading their way down his cheeks and his lashes were trembling. Sam didn't know what to do, he couldn't do anything better than to give Terry the emotional support he desperately needs in this trying time.

"S-Sam, What if Judy won't make it? What if I was too late? Wha-what if she'll be lea-" His questions were cut when Sam heaved an annoyed sigh, he needs to teach a thing or two about how Judy is one of the toughest person he knows.

"Don't you trust Judy? Don't you have faith in her? I thought you know Judy enough to be aware of the fact that she's a fighter? If someone knows that best out of all of us, it should be YOU, Terry! You know how hard she fought and held on when she lost the only person who cared for her for years! Her grandmother was so precious to her and you for sure know that it was utterly disheartening for her to lose her grandma but she carried on! And you were by her side when it happened! I expected better from you Terry, You've cried enough! At least do something for her sake, anything!" Sam was panting very hard after he chastised Terry, he rested his hand on his hips as he walked in circles, waiting for the lad's response as he was seemingly deep in thought.

Terry heaved a determined sigh. Sam had a point, he can't just sit here and cry for god knows how long, he need to at the very least do something about what happened. He wiped his tears with the back of his hand and stood up, sniffling for the last time. He thought deeply, tracing his thoughts back from the beginning where it all started.

FLASHBACK

He saw her laying down the carpeted floor, unconscious. He dropped the bouquets he was holding and came rushing to her, he caught a glimpse of a half-eaten egg tart by her desk top before he carried her bridal style and ran through the lanes towards the hospital that was quite a distance away from her residence. People were watching and they halted what they were doing, shocked by the sigh. A friend of Terry blocked his path and offered to let him ride his horse which Terry agreed and hopped on without much thought, this is way better than exhausting himself and risking her life even more. When they arrived at the hospital, the staffs immediately attended to them and it all led to the present time.