꧁Chapter 13꧂

Playing: Tchaikovsky- Sérénade Mélancolique Op. 26 (Score)

Everything around them were unmoving. As if time itself had stopped itself to pave way for the daze that crept in her mind. She scrutinized him, wary of making false accusations yet her eyes and her heart did not betray her. He stood there, frozen of the sight of the love of his life time and distance forbade him to reunite with prior to this very moment. Her doe eyes looking straight at him as it bears indecipherable emotions in it. Her mouth slowly parted from utter shock and her lashes trembling as if it was trying its hardest to suppress any sign of the impending burst of emotions threatening to break free.

As she scanned him throughoutly, she noticed drastic changes in his appearance that if he was to stand farther than their current proximity, it would be unlikely for her to recognize him. His once chestnut brown locks were now blonde, illuminating his god-like facial features that has matured by time like a fruit that had ripen with the season. His jawline more prominent and defined, his milky white skin complexion that reflected the soft moonlight as it cascaded through the huge windows on their right side and the dorsal hump on the bridge of his nose that held uncountable fond memories of them. She always used to tap it as she found it really eye-catching and he would always tease her for her obvious measures of expressing her admiration towards him yet she didn't mind, because all of it were true and denying such things would be utterly futile.

Not only was her mouth parted in pure shock, she was also finding it harder to breathe. Inhaling and exhaling the much needed air through both her nose and mouth as her mind hastily attempted to untangle the thread of information scattered throughout her pitiful brain. She wasn't one to struggle speaking, being exposed and accustomed of this overly social society, she conditioned herself and her speeches for when she might see the need to talk a certain way and say certain words yet ironically, nothing could've prepared her for the very thing she had always anticipated to happen all her life.

They were both pulled back out of their trance when Bahiyyih had stopped sobbing, deflating into mere whimpers as the cascading tears were reduced to trickles of its remnants. That was it, it was the time for the influx of emotions to set in and drop its weight on her, with her absorbing everything that had happened up to this point like a sponge, she dashed out of the scene before she goes ballistic over the unbearable surge of dread that assaulted her system. To say she felt stupid would be too low to even be referred to as an understatement, how could they keep everything from her? She felt betrayed yet she couldn't blame any of them as she had heard of their reasonings when she eavesdropped. Instead, she directed all her pent up frustrations and hatred towards herself.

Bahiyyih's face had always reminded her of the prince and hanging out with Bahiyyih has brought her great deal of solace especially whenever she unbearably yearned for his presence. The prince's presence. They look strikingly similar that she had suspicions prior to this but decided to shrug it off as confronting Bahiyyih over this matter would've actually caused her to sound stupid. However, she has never felt more stupid than she was at the moment as she came to a conclusion that her suspicions were indeed right and her hunch weren't just mere symptoms of paranoia she believe she had suffered from all these years.

With the swelling feeling in her chest, she decided to make a run for it. Letting her wobbly feet drag her across the Palace and into her own room. She dashed and dashed through the corridors as she covered her mouth with her hand, stiffling her sobs from coming out as she tightly closed her eyes from time to time, squeezing out the tears that had escaped from it like a dam unbolting one of its many gates. She couldn't care less with the servants giving her worried stares and kept navigating through the structure until she had reached her room, shutting the door behind her close with a slam and leaning her back on the doorframe as she slide down with her sobs reverberating across the four walls of her room.