꧁Chapter 14꧂

Playing: Johann Strauss II- Annen-Polka op. 117

The King was disheartened over his old friend's passing. Lucy had explained everything to him throughoutly and he was at the very least, dreaded. The pain of losing someone is certainly unbearable and just the thought of not being able to do anything  about it just adds up to the depressing feeling he felt inside him. They were surprised over the
fact that their family somehow had connections with each other some time ago but was also utterly delighted by this. Somehow knowing more about each other certainly did helped them ease up  and be comfortable with each other's presence.

Lucy wanted to ask Queen Nayeon of the things she should be taking notes of but thought that it should be better to ask those in a different setting and not during a soirée as it'd be very inappropriate to talk of duties when these gatherings are meant to be enjoyed without the slightest mind of their individual responsibilities abiding their ranks. Doing the work herself and instead, observing the Queens that dotted the Great Hall for the upcoming span of few weeks during the festivity will be very useful for someone like her who takes becoming a Queen someday with utmost seriousness. After all, she needs to grab any opportunities she can grasp on to while it's still early and the responsibility of becoming a mother still isn't served on her plate.

Then her thoughts drifted back to her two brothers whom she loved so dearly. They are probably at Sam's place at this very moment in the commoner's district, exploiting the few resources they can provide for themselves out of their own pockets. Should she take both of them with her once this event come into a halt and leave their home country to start a new life at Larkspur? Or will they stay here and continue to reside knowing well that the next rulers won't let them down and instead give them the life they deserve to live? Even though Julia doesn't trust herself, Lucy is fully aware of her potential as a ruler if only she's allowed to rule by her own way.

"We are sending our deepest condolences to you and your brothers. I can't imagine how much pain you might've endured with the passing of your parents. Rebellion is a very serious problem that is needed to be addressed forthwith. I earnestly hope for Steve to take action on this for the safety of the citizen's lives is what matters the most." Queen Nayeon elucidated, every words coming out of her mouth was dripping of honey.

"I am very thankful of your kind words, Your Majesty. It was indeed the darkest chapters of my life and I've felt like I couldn't take it anymore. The pain felt unbearable and I couldn't do anything about our parent's passing other than to weep and mourn. But I am certain that they don't want me to stay on that very chapter. They want me to write new ones, and write it with sheer happiness. Father had always told me this quote: Your life is a form of literacy, and the choice is yours if you want to make a masterpiece."

Smiles made their way on each of their faces. Her life was anything but easy yet every hurdles and storms she faced throughout her life has shaped her into the person she is now and they couldn't help but commend her for that. Daniel in particular seemed to have fallen deeper into her as he stared at her with pure admiration as she continued to converse with his parents with a grin etched on her delicate features.

I'll never regret loving you. You are everything I ever wanted.

He uttered those words in his mind and stared at her as if sending it with his eyes.

She had stopped crying just a few minutes ago and she laid on her bed staring at the chandelier that dangled from the ceiling of her lavish room. She heaved a sigh as she sat up and sauntered towards the vanity mirror as she retouched the makeup that was ruined with the trails left by her tears. As much as she wanted to stay so bad in this very room and sulk for not a soul knows how long as she felt ridiculed by the two, she somehow can't bring herself to hate them anymore. It was like one brief weeping session had lifted off the heavy feeling that filled her heart to its brim just a few minutes ago.