꧁Chapter 10꧂

Playing: Mozart Clarinet Concerto in A major K 622

It is with great displeasure and unwillingness for the three Princesses to keep standing and bowing to countless Royalties that has arrived at the Palace. With feets that are probably dotted with bruises by their painfully tight footwear, Julia was trying her very best despite the unbaringly suffocating corset wrapped around her waist adding to the already painful feeling on her feet, Catherine seems pretty natural and accustomed to it as her undying smile and perfect posture greeted the arriving visitors and Jinni, well she surely loathed this and it clearly showed on her poker face.

And just when she thought her day couldn't get any worse, her jaw clenched when she catched a glimpse of the man she loathed. Jeon Jay. He marched towards them with a mischievous smirk painted on his lips, he doesn't take anything seriously she thought, narrowing her eyes into tiny slits.

"Mon dieu, I would like to die." She sternly stated earning a nudge from Julia. Catherine however, was trying her hardest to surpress her laughter that was threatening to escape. They really get along with various things, perhaps hanging out more often wouldn't hurt.

Jinni's fury however was slightly eased upon laying her gaze towards her friend and his younger sister, Jeon Sullyoon. She gracefully traced the royal carpet with her heels as her almost mythical beauty catched everyone's attention. If Catherine is to be married off someday, the spotlight shall be directed towards her like how Prince Sunghoon earned the spotlight after Prince Daniel vanished.

Jinni flashed a smile on her face when Sullyoon gazed at her but immediately glared at Jay that stood beside his little sister to bow to the Queen of Azalea. She scoffed unladylike and looked elsewhere when she saw the lad wink at her after bowing and she couldn't think of anything else other than murder him in her mind. If given the chance, she'd rip that mischievous smirk off his face and step on it continously, that's how infuriated she is with the antic.

Their parents stood behind them, they are literally the carbon copies of their parents including their personalities. Queen Tzuyu is reserved and introverted while King Jungkook screamed mischief. it made her wonder how two people of opposing traits manage to fall in love with each other, it was said that they married each other willingly and not through some arranged marriage with huge scale dowries like what Princess Julia, her older sister and Prince Steve's marriage will be.

Could love really break through anything that even people of polar opposites are bind together for eternity? Her thoughts were cut off when another batch of royalties were welcomed, it was the Yamazakis of Megumi Kingdom, a kingdom situated in the frigid Arctic Circle with endless stretches of tundras and huge volume of glaciers carving valleys over the snow coated mountains. Great frozen lakes that locked foreign forms of life within it. It was certainly an interesting place for someone like Jinni who's fond of wildlife and nature. If given the chance, she wanted to be a biologist and flee from one country to another for research purposes, it was a passion she failed to hold on to and she frowned at the thought, not paying attention to Queen Mina along with King Kento, exchanging their greetings and congratulations with her mother.

Catherine on the other hand never left her gaze on Prince Sunghoon. She sensed that he's up to something with all the momentary gaze and smiles he's giving her. Frankly speaking, although she and him are active attendees of soirées and balls, they never really crossed path with each other before as Catherine and her family don't often travel far from home and only sticks to neighboring countries, the same goes to the lad. They all bowed to each other with Sunghoon not leaving his gaze towards the now flustered Catherine, the Yamazakis sauntered out of the scene to give way for the next royalties.

Julia looked to her side briefly and catched a glimpse of Catherine, her forehead slightly creased noticing her cousin's rather unusual behavior. How should she feel about Catherine showing interest to Prince Sunghoon? She was pondering it deeply that she failed to notice the next batch of royalties before they halted in front of them and spoke. Is this a change of heart? Can Prince Sunghoon break through her years long commitment to the Prince?