꧁Chapter 9꧂

Playing: Tritsch-Tratsch-Polka- Johann Strauss II

"Splendid Beauty"

Was what his mind could muster as he stared at the image of his soon to be bride plastered on a page in a book about Azalea. He halted reading it a few days ago to take care of some matters on board. Now that he has all the time for him to spend onto whatever he desires to do while on their way to the said country, he used it wisely to get to know more about the country he shall be ruling in one month time.

In the painting, the Princess was sitting on a couch at the Royal Garden. The serene background of a lake with dotted patch of trees at the furthest part of the picture and the petals of different types of flowers standing out from the run-of-the-mill appearance of the grass exhibited an explosion of colors in the said imagery, it almost felt like he was staring at the famous painting of Leonardo Da Vinci, the Mona Lisa which he had personally visited back when he toured Europe. It also had a hint of The Artist's Garden at Giverny by Claude Monet who visited Larkspur and painted for the Royal Family, including him.

Artwork: Claude Monet- The Artist's Garden at Giverny | 1900

She rested her hands together on her lap as she gazed onto the painter with a small smile on her face, yet her eyes were barely in sight. She emitted a bright aura that is as light as a feather, contrary to what people described his aura to be. Now that he shifted his gaze upon the bottom right corner of the painting, he indeed saw Claude Monet's signature mark on all of his works.

It is only befitting for him to be chosen to paint for Azalea. Only a handful of renowned painters were able to capture the beauty of Azalea upon visiting it and Monet certainly secured his spot at that list being known for his proficiency in Impressionism. After all, he received a hefty amount of compliments from King Minhyuk when he joined them for a feast at dinner.

The date was even marked and it was earlier than his self portrait. Why didn't Monet talked about Princess Julia when he was feeling all numb and bored whilst trying to stay still for the sake of the painting? He could have shared a few more informations about the Princess, putting those to good use when time comes.

Capturing Princess Julia's beauty proved to be onerous yet Monet seemed to have succeeded as it certainly put Prince Steve in a reverie. He felt some kind of way, staring at her unreal beauty. It was as if he was an explorer lost in a forest and he happened to come across a nymph. Was it really Monet's proficiency in painting? Or was it him? What exactly was he feeling and why exactly is he feeling that?

Cutting his thoughts off, he soon proceeded to scrutinize the other members of the Royal Family. Jinni, her younger sister is known for being an exceptional dancer. Catherine, famous for being the paradigm of a true princess and excelling in different forms of art. He certainly had heard of her name before and rest assured every royalty around the world has heard of her name at least once.